Author Topic: UltraSeps Version 2 News  (Read 2451 times)

Offline UltraSeps

UltraSeps Version 2 News
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:02:28 PM »
Well, I've completed UltraSeps v2 for both Mac and Win.  I'm now working on updating the User Guide which is a job in itself.  The only saving grace is much of the previous information can be recycled or just updated.  If I had to rewrite an entire 150 page user guide from scratch, I might as well write a novel.  LOL!

If I were to isolate one thing I'm most pleased with, is that any file can be thrown at it.  PSD, PDF, TIFF,  jpeg, gif, png, grayscale, BMP, RGB, LAB, CMYK, flattened image, multi-layer file, additional alpha channels, 8 bit, 16 bit, 32 bit, you name it, UltraSeps v2 is going to run that separation.  Never an error.  In fact, you'd have to try hard to generate one by just clicking buttons like crazy.  LOL #2.

The license implementation was a nightmare.  But now, its entirely seamless and transparent to the end user during the trial period and the software installs FAST.  No chance of anything going wrong regardless of system or Photoshop version.  Plus I've written a small program to kill the trial at any time so we can unlock the software when its convenient for you.  This Fall there won't be any need for that either, as I'm setting up a licensing server hosted at Amazon Web Services which has 100% uptime.  Each user will then receive 2 licenses so the software can be deactivated and moved to another system at any time.

Most likely I'll need to release the new version without a new video ready as that'll take some extra time.  However, most of the current training video can still be used.  I will have a few short videos on line to review new features and changes.  I expect the new full training video to be ready by mid June.  This will be released in segments as opposed to one big long video.

All product downloads will be through a server at Amazon so they'll be very fast and 100% reliable regardless of number of simultaneous connections.

Everyone who has purchased a copy of UltraSeps previously can download a small v2 updater.  A full re-install isn't needed on a computer that has already been unlocked.  The new version will run on your system without needing to be unlocked again.

I was able to keep the product itself much smaller so no DVD is needed.  Everything is a download.

I expect to release UltraSeps v2 by the end of this month.

Will post more news soon.

Steve
Developer of UltraSeps and QuikSeps Color Separation Software. 
Oh yeah, I actually printed t-shirts too for over 30 years.
www.ultraseps.com   www.quikseps.com   www.customseps.com

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: UltraSeps Version 2 News
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »
Each user will then receive 2 licenses so the software can be deactivated and moved to another system at any time.

Now THAT is a very nice benefit!  Nice job.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850