Author Topic: Another Color Correction HSB moving to HWB  (Read 8525 times)

Offline starchild

Re: Another Color Correction HSB moving to HWB
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2013, 12:50:52 PM »
Tom has a download link for a monochrome tutorial he did in 2009 on sawmillcreek.org
You have to be a member to access the download link and I'm to lazy to go sign up.

Here's the link..
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?106114-CorelDRAW-Mono-Chrome-Tutorial

Update-
indtroduction to Monochrome clip art

« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 01:09:53 PM by starchild »

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
I make my own monochromes all the time, it's easy. take the image, convert to greyscale bitmap, then go to mode, black and white, line art and adjust the slider and bob's your uncle. in corel anyway...

OR you use fashion factory and hit the button hahah...it really is easy.
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 02:09:36 PM »
I make my own monochromes all the time, it's easy. take the image, convert to greyscale bitmap, then go to mode, black and white, line art and adjust the slider and bob's your uncle. in corel anyway...

OR you use fashion factory and hit the button hahah...it really is easy.

Your example is done directly in Corel but his way is sent to Paint then converted. I do what you say all the time but it is not even remotely close to the Monochromes he creates, the ones I create are nasty his have excellent detail with shades.
"No man is an island"

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
I would buy his macro, frankly, it's easier to press a button.  I prefer automation over manually doing something.  I get most of my macros for free and they are great....but I will pay for one that helps out.

AdvancedArtist

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
I have to say that MonoChromes are the bomb. I have worked with them for years and we have really two versions of monochrome.. In DRAW conversions like in the Fashion Factory which these are not perfect because of how they are generated. Then we have perfect monochromes these are flawless grey scale monochromes and cannot be generated in DRAW you have to go out to PhotoPaint for these and they have several complicated steps to make sure they are perfect. The process requires the replacement of all white in the grey scale image with exact matched levels of transparency. Perhaps I can get into this sometime in the future, but the few that I have shown it to typically struggle with the all the steps involved. Actually Jeff and me spent a many many hours working this out so we could translate our separations into the these perfect MonoChromes because they result in great sep previews and separated art then becomes like clip art in DRAW that you can add vector and text too etc.