Author Topic: 4CP w/ DCB  (Read 2542 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
4CP w/ DCB
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:53:18 AM »
Union trutones on top. Some of the shirts are royal and kelly of course hence the DC/UB (we have DC process inks). Smoother blends and softer print. Purple screen is p/tone underbased but mostly sits on shirt. It was inadvertantly flashed so its a little glossy

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
Re: 4CP w/ DCB
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »
Looks great! Do you prefer the Tru-Tone Hot Magenta or regular?
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »
Didn't know there was such a thing. My DC process color formulations for magenta and yellow have a titch of flo in each of them. Could be similar. Most plastisol flo inks and pcs are not ground fine enough for process printing. The WBs are.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
Awesome!  Love doing process on darks with discharge. I haven't had that much opportunity since most fear this and believe it not to be achievable "enough" for it to be considered a good quality print still.  Yet, here it is. :)

How do these purples come out compared to the original art?  I still find they tend to be less vibrant than original art. A good white tee can provide more opportunity for a closer match to the original, yet I've seen some pretty vibrant prints in 4 clr discharge from my own seps.  Still tho, I always think it could be a little better (had I been able to be at press) during the sampling.

Do you still have the original art file to post up as a jpg?  We know it's not expected to be a dead on match. I would expect some colors (like the purples) to be darker and only slightly darker (at best). In true 4 clr process that is. Bump screens will enhance this.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
Here it is on one of the green shirts. The purple spot plate is redder and could have been fixed with ink but in this case we are approving our own design, Same with the saturation in cyan and magenta. We would have gone back and adjusted the levels but at the end of the day no one (in this case) would notice and that would be a waste of time we could ill affford. The Art/Sales staff always have final say however. Looks like my camera flash glossed the approval paperwork so thats affecting the comparisson some. Just 300 shirts for a church event. If it was Nike or Disney we'd tweak to be perfect. Customer loves them

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
I like the C, M, Y, darker spot/bump color instead of K approach.  Smarty pants. 

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »
That IS some good process printing. Sweet.  very vibrant. and pretty dern accurate to the color print.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 03:33:19 PM »
Thanks guys. Logging off for a while. Seems I have a "friend" who opposes my posts and is "concerned" about my company. The owners are not but they did get an anonymous letter which was tossed in the trash. Been writing for the trades for 20 something ys so if that would be a problem then so would be this forum.
Nevertheless cooling my jets before I get pissy.
best to all
signing off for now

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 03:39:20 PM »
Uhhh, anyone on here (obviously reading this) wanna fess up to writing the letter? Pretty cowardly move....

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 04:03:24 PM »
That's a downer Tony.  All the same, it would do us all a little good to realize that for the handful of us that post here many, many, many more seem to be reading.  Even locally, I was recently surprised to discover.  For every good interaction that comes from posting here there's always the potentially bad one I suppose but I say eff it, we're all on the same team more or less.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 04:17:07 PM »
hmmmm.  Disappointing that a single individual's "personal feelings or opinions" can affect how someone interacts with the world.

Out of the 11 yrs of working at this one place. (my last place). I had someone once email my employer to tell on me for posting on the forums during work hours. He was a drive by member that was known as an alcoholic and had troubles... Luckily, My employer didn't see my forum time as being interruptive and especially since I was salary, and had a track record of getting my work done, they had no issue with it. If I were on the forum for total of an hour out of the day, I would easily make that up out of the entire day working over an hour or 4 to get my work done. It's just how it was. In addition, it was considered educational research and I could add it in as a + on my 3 month continuous improvement check in. No crap.

I remember another time where someone (a young artist) called another screen print shop owner to tell his employer that X person (another artist) was spending time on a forum. The old forum. I don't remember what happened to that artist that was on the forum or who it was, but I do remember the tattle tale got chastised and later apologized for it.

It's a strange thing to try and dissect. Are we passing around top secret Co info?  Are we wasting Co time? or are we learning? Is it considered FREE  industry training?

I've always had employers tell us artist to get on line at a forum and ask people how to do something...early on and it was par for the course to give back. So...I donno.  people have different thoughts on it. As long as your works done in the day. I think it's cool and as far as Co secrets. Well, I'm sure those things are kept more in the dark and not posted on forums.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:45:12 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
Thats so true. We do have tons of lurkers who never become members. I've heard from many people that email me for seps that say, I've read your stuff on TSB ...but they are not members. I get them once or twice a month.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
What could they of said in the letter? Tony posts way cool stuff on the shirt board. What a dick move. That kind of stuff is so cowardly. Tony don't stop. You are an asset to this forum.  If you go then we will just have a bunch of D-bags with no info to add, on here trying to self promote. What a crappy forum that would be. WE need more people like Tony.

If I hurt anyone's feeling with the "D-bags with no info to add, on here trying to self promote" I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to the other D-bag.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 09:14:49 PM by Jon »

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 09:47:18 PM »

If I hurt anyone's feeling with the "D-bags with no info to add, on here trying to self promote" I wasn't talking about you. I was referring to the other D-bag.

LOL.  I may resemble that at times. Understood tho. ;)

Offline StuJohnston

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 11:52:52 PM »
I am not a super involved member of this forum, but I would/will be pretty bummed if Tony goes. :-\