Author Topic: virus Protection?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
virus Protection?
« on: May 07, 2013, 03:23:58 PM »
My son got the FBI virus crap on his computer the other night so we had to drop it off and get it fix, now my computer is acting funny, first my avast virus protection when out ,I got the paid version not free, so I go and get the free microsoft security essential the free version, ok it's been working fine until the other night, it just went out reloaded and back on, but it goes out again after awhile and then back on.  Is there a new virus that mess with your virus protection or is there a good virus protection I need to get... running the XP.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: virus Protection?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
Yes, some of the bugs can disable your Anti Virus, but I haven't heard about off and on.
Have you performed a full system scan while the AV was working?

Have you tried a system restore to a point before the trouble?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
Funny you ask about system restore I think that is where all my trouble started with a system restore awhile back and the computer has not been the same since, think it might be time to take it in and let the pro's deal with it, hey thanks Andy.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 05:00:33 PM »
but apparently something was wrong enough for you to want to restore it to a previous point.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 12:33:50 AM »
We used Kaspersky for years with zero infections and I do surf a lot!

But recently we had to give up Kaspersky when they rolled out a new release that went awry making a lot of my browsing unable to connect.  We are now using BitDefender.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »
I have 2 experiences with computer turning on or shutting down.
1. One of the computer would turn on at midnight without anyone touching it. The computer shop discovered it was the power pack unit.
2. Another computer would turn on then shut down after windows come on. This was due to the CPU fan not working. The computer shop said the CPU gets too hot and the mother board would do an automatic shutdown.

Good luck.
Anthony

Online Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 03:01:24 AM »
AVG Free addition. Rock solid, and light on system resources.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)