Author Topic: The Band Shirt Thread  (Read 14042 times)

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
The Band Shirt Thread
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:36:52 PM »
Hey Y'all,
I was saying awhile ago we do a ton of metal shirts and the like. I was going to start a metal themed thread but we really do all sorts of bands being in Seattle. So anyway, I attached a few fun ones. Cruciamentum from the UK for their upcoming US tour. Two color discharge. Pretty cool detail if you can make out what is going on! Skeletons and one of those "slightly" hard to read logos. Hahaha. And Ever So Android from Seattle. Really cool three color discharge. Everything wet on wet of course.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
Re: The Band Shirt Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:42:21 PM »
Oh, and here is some more metal and rock-n-roll. All discharge. I swear that is why all the bands love us here. But Lantern (yeah, it says that in the logo!) from Finland, and a Saints of Damnation close up. And some cool Anhedonist shirts as well. The close up is pretty cool considering they ripped the art off from the web and we have to make it work with some not the best half tones. But a cool shirt due to the discharge.

So besides metal do we have any hip hop or classical music or blue grass or any shirts out there? We can't be the only music guys on here...

Offline Spreading Ink

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 01:21:27 AM »
Hey Brandon we have done quite a few band shirts through the years.   SOJA, Pretty Lights, Bassnectar, Dave Matthews Band, Alabama Shakes, Alice Cooper, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and multiple different festival shirts as well through the year including Electric Zoo (NY), Forecastle (TN - I think) and just last week rush orders for Bottlerock 2013 in Napa.  We also do some different metal band shirts for groups in NorCal too - sorry too many to remember them all and don't have any pictures here at home, but we have Killswitch Engage in our banner on the home page of our website (all over print).

Bands can be good but they are almost always rush and can be challenging to get in and out in the time rames required.
Spreading Ink
3031 E Cherry St.
Springfield, MO 65802
417-771-3855
Vist us on Facebook!

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 07:42:27 AM »
Cannibal Corpse - We printed this last October.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:06:56 AM »
Hey Brandon we have done quite a few band shirts through the years.   SOJA, Pretty Lights, Bassnectar, Dave Matthews Band, Alabama Shakes, Alice Cooper, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, and multiple different festival shirts as well through the year including Electric Zoo (NY), Forecastle (TN - I think) and just last week rush orders for Bottlerock 2013 in Napa.  We also do some different metal band shirts for groups in NorCal too - sorry too many to remember them all and don't have any pictures here at home, but we have Killswitch Engage in our banner on the home page of our website (all over print).

Bands can be good but they are almost always rush and can be challenging to get in and out in the time rames required.

Mike D'Antonio, the bass player in Killswitch Engage, grew up in the town next to us. We did some of his earlier bands as well as the first few KE shirts. Then the marketing dept. took over and they went elsewhere as the band took off. Mike did all his own art, and we'd discuss how to get it on the shirts. A long time ago now...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »
Nice print on all of them, and the Cannibal Corpse one is too, but not something I would want to look at if you know what I mean, kind of disgusting but if you're in to that...to each their own.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:11 AM »
Cannibal Corpse - We printed this last October.

Well, I see than nothing changed in the last 20 years (I meant with the band :) )

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:56 AM »
Here are the two shirts that I did for a local metal band CellBound.
First one is one hit white, front only.
The second one is a 4 color back, white, pinkish, blue and top white. That was the back, front had only the bands logo in white.

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 09:36:09 AM »
unfortunately a somewhat heavy hand print, but we didnt have time to fix.  As Spreading Ink said -  "Bands can be good but they are almost always rush and can be challenging to get in and out in the time frames required."

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
heres one from april...

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »
here is a cool little 5 color tote we did for our good friends Laura Stevenson!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »
this is one of the first multi color discharge jobs we did. i think it was 5 colors.
sorry for the blurry camera phone pics
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 05:27:35 PM »
All awesome prints! I knew for some reason the "band" thing would bust out some cool designs. Love the Cannibal Corpse shirt. Hahahaha, seen them a few times. You just have to experience them live to get the full effect. Didn't you also print those OverKill shirts that were on here a few weeks ago? Those were really, really nice!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »
Puking skulls are always cool.

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 12:25:39 AM »
Hey,
I haven't posted too much lately as I have my hands full with training all the new employees (and old ones) before I leave to New Orleans in Sept. This was a cool shirt as it was a last minute rush job of almost a couple hundred and the only press we had open was an old manual in the corner. The M&R BlueMax 2 to be exact! That's an old one. Anyway, new guy's draw dropped when one of the printers had it up and done in around an hour. Discharge white and gray, no flashing wet on wet. Super soft and pops well. And that discharge is over three days old as well. I hate waste! Been excited lately for all the new discharge coming out with long shelf life after activated. That ink used on this print is of the supposedly "24 hour" variety. I found ways around that a long time ago.

Anyone else have any cool band shirt pics to put up?