Author Topic: Tajima Tech Support  (Read 3763 times)

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
Tajima Tech Support
« on: May 15, 2013, 04:30:39 PM »
Anyone else thinks it sucks? I call in and they can NEVER have someone talk to me, only to "call back" which is usually 12 hours later.... Then if I am not available it's "we will have someone call you back" and it's an endless cycle.

In the meantime, my newest set of problems are -

Loose rotary hook in head #1 and my rotary tension disks up top are not spinning (which I am under the impression that they should).

I just need a tajima tech to come out and spend some quality time with me.

Offline shellyky

Re: Tajima Tech Support
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
where are you located?

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
Louisiana, on the LA/MS border.. Know any around here?

Offline shellyky

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »
Unfortunately dont think i know of anyone that goes that far south...may sound risky, but try calling local shops in your area and asking who they use, thats how we found our guy and he's fantastic...our machines sew like brand new now....chances are they like their tech enough to give him some referral business. 

Offline shellyky

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:55:47 PM »
as far as your problems youre having, their should be a little play in your rotary hook back and forth, it isn't tight, all of mine jiggle a little left and right...  your tension discs at the top, i assume you mean the thread break sensors?  yes these are meant to spin, they  are what tells the machine that you havent come unthreaded, there should be enough tension on there to keep them spinning smooth.
http://www.swfeast.com/service/images_service/thread_sensor%20copy.jpg

or are you talking about the upper tensions knobs?  those silver disks do not spin.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
Call Scott Marshall, Southern Exposure is the name of his business.  I have his cell but I don't know if he wants me to give it out.  He is a tajima and barudan pro.  He does there new installs aswell.  There is another guy in Alabama I think his name is David Bolin.  Scott can give you his info if he doesn't want to do it himself.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 07:42:52 AM »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:30 AM »
The rotary hook should not move front to back. If its loose in that direction the hook will start missing the loop behond the scarf on the needle. Rotary hooks get loose in that way over time because of centrifugal  force from the constant high RPM. Basically when the hook is spinning it wants to fly off the shaft, eventually it will get loose.

We keep an inventory of rotary hooks at all times, when ever one is getting to loose it gets changed.
"No man is an island"

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
Anyone else thinks it sucks? I call in and they can NEVER have someone talk to me, only to "call back" which is usually 12 hours later.... Then if I am not available it's "we will have someone call you back" and it's an endless cycle.

In the meantime, my newest set of problems are -

Loose rotary hook in head #1 and my rotary tension disks up top are not spinning (which I am under the impression that they should).

I just need a tajima tech to come out and spend some quality time with me.

Best tech guy I have ever known on embroidery equip. 

Bill Garvin
BG Tech Services
wkgarvin@hotmail.com
813-373-3331

Tampa FL home base

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
Scott Marshall is good, we use him, the only problem is he is usually so busy, but if he's traveling to an area he can maybe fit you in.  That's the only downside of using him.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 01:00:13 PM »
Thanks guys, we have a guy coming in today, hopefully he's going to help us straighten out some stuff

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
We have a Tajima at our shop in Harahan and we use a guy by the name of Ed out of Lafayette.  He was only here once to go through our machine after we first bought it used.  He was very nice and seemed to know his stuff.  At the time (two years ago) he was $85/hr.  If you want his contact info just pm me as I would want his permission before making it public.