Author Topic: Oklahoma Relief T-Shirt  (Read 1224 times)

Offline 59Graphix

• Verified/Junior
Oklahoma Relief T-Shirt
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
I hope this is the appropriate location for this!

I just wanted to share this with the t-shirt decorating community. I know some here don't believe that getting involved with the charity organizations because they want something for nothing. I will agree but sometimes it doesn't hurt to help out a little. We have been involved with the Red Cross twice now, first time during 911 and now with the tornadoes in the Midwest.
I woke up at 4 am on Tuesday morning with a wild hair idea. I wanted to somehow help out the folks back east. Maybe Oklahoma is a soft spot because my parents are from OK city.
So I came up with an idea for the shirt, my wife said, no to my first design, she offered how about, 'Help OK. be OK". Done. That's what I went to work on. After the design was nearly finished, not totally sure where and how to get these out there to get sold, I thought of the Red Cross. I called them and just so happens they were doing a drive by donation fund raiser in Palm Springs. They got back to me with the sponsors of the fund raiser, we added them to the shirt, we ordered 600 white t-shirts, went and picked them up, finished the art, burned the screens, setup, and started printing. 4 color print on our trusty 8 color 8 station manual. we pumped them out in just under 4 hours and delivered an hour later, all individually folded and boxed. This entire project from concept to delivery was all done in just less than 24 hours. Now it wasn't the greatest print we have done or a big money maker but it was good enough for what it was for and in the short time we had and as it was, just a tool to raise donations for the Red Cross. In which over $47,000.00 dollars was raised on Wednesday from 6 am to 7 pm. We still are taking donations for the shirts. We would like to ask for a minimum $20 donation. Yes we made enough to cover our costs but we donated 100% of the proceeds. Not bad for a short t-shirt success story.
59 Graphix "Est. 1989" • Screen Printing • Embroidery • T-Shirt Design • Fashion Brand Start-Ups
•••59 Authentic™

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Oklahoma Relief T-Shirt
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:40:08 PM »
Now THAT is just freak'n outstanding!  Love it.  The whole story. Great idea.

I think it should go viral on facebook.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

AdvancedArtist

Re: Oklahoma Relief T-Shirt
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:04 PM »
Great work Jeff as always  8)