Author Topic: As if you haven't heard me enough in here...There's more.  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: As if you haven't heard me enough in here...There's more.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 01:49:37 PM »
Read it early this morning when I got my Impressions weekly e-mail newsletter.

Nice "Stuff" Dan.   Every shop, including mine and yours has the same story.  We get too close or too personal and allow things to happen that never should & we know it!

Worth a Read, a couple of times.

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:59:30 PM »
I think Dan is on to something here, definitely right on the money, "yes, we've had enough of him!" :-)

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 02:14:37 PM »
You might have dodged a bullet by not getting that job, Dan, if they weren't particularly interested in listening to your solution to solving their problem of a bottleneck in art. My guess is that you'd have spent your time doing nothing but artwork to pick up the slack. Seems like they wanted to fix things as long as they didn't have to change anything they were doing or asking of the customer. The fact that they didn't want to pay much wasn't sweetening the deal, either.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 02:27:28 PM »
lol and I just emailed him for a quote, hope I am not a cause of over-commitment   ;)

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 02:30:44 PM »
Excellent article, and somewhere we've probably all at least figuratively been in.  It's always too bad when a company looks at someone bashing their head against the wall repeatedly, and instead of listening to a real solution, decide that giving them a helmet is the answer. 

As far as explanation goes, I made Proverbs 16:22 my motto a number of years ago.  I bet you'll appreciate it, if you're not already familiar with it. 

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 04:49:36 PM »
Nice job Dan!

Cheers!