Author Topic: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh  (Read 10499 times)

Offline shellyky

about 4 more that aren't pictured here...... they're ignoring us at this point.  Never had this happen...always used their stuff...now new "green" glue and new ownership, and this....all from the same batch.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Just a new picture of the current state of my Pocono Screens mesh
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »
Check on the compatibility of your chemicals with their glue.

I remember a time when CCI listed some as not being suitable for glued frames. May be the same with other manufacturers as well.

btw, many of mine are doing that as well, but they are from a batch six or seven years old.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline shellyky

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:10:39 PM »
i use the same chems ive been using since the first shirt rolled off my ebay press 6+ years ago.,...only thing that has changed is their glue and their ownership at this point....im sure we'll go newmans this year sometime but its just the principal..their website literally says GUARANTEED and they are ignoring me on all levels of communication for months.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »
They look to be around 25 Ncm, just as they promisse.

Am I close?

That is Pocono, they tried to screw me on used Newmans last year too. Sold me crapy old ones and newer used ones.
I threatened to dispute charges and they sent me return shipping label and refunded me.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
shelly, newman is the way to go if you want total control! Don't hesitate, get started now, you are going to love them.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 02:23:44 PM »
Only time that happens to me is when I use glue I know I should have thrown out six months ago.

At least they have tension--they'll never pop with crappy glue if they send them out at 10N...   ;D

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 02:32:43 PM »
Shelly. There is another probable reason this is happening. You can PM me if you like

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
So, Tony, glad to see you again, but at this point, has your employer forbidden you to post anything remotely helpful or just no proprietary secrets?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:03:07 PM by Frog »

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 02:41:33 PM »
Not an individual issue I know someone else that has had the exact same thing happen to them with the new green glue Pocono screens.

I am glad my local guy still uses the Red sefar stuff, its next to impossible to remove with out a grinder. Easier to just glue over it. Great glue but man it will drop you like Mike Tyson if you took to much in your lungs at one time.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 03:14:11 PM »
Ok Andy I'll slip this in. First there are two basic types of glue used here.
1). Two part cyanoacryalate with spray activator. Benefit to the stretcher: fast.
Deficit to printers: sensitive to the very slightest of bows and dips; even in micron measurements. More prone to lose adhesion.
2. 2- part laquer. Deficit to stretchers: slower, glue has a pot life. Benefit to stretcher: less sensitive to dips and bows. Benefit to printers: Longer screen life. (Important to know these products are usually offered in high mesh and low mesh viscosities.)
Second, it appears that the pre-abrasion of the frame is either poor or non existent. Often skimped on due to cost this is a critical step. The optimum way to achieve the best and most uniform abrasion is bead blasting. Most frame providers do not provide this service any more because it's a price war game out there. Grinding is inferior unless you have a Grunig or Harlacher unit designed for this specific purpose.
That'll have t do for now

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 03:27:41 PM »
That's the Tony P we remember!  ;)

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »
SHHHHHHHHH
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »
Ok Andy I'll slip this in. First there are two basic types of glue used here.
1). Two part cyanoacryalate with spray activator. Benefit to the stretcher: fast.
Deficit to printers: sensitive to the very slightest of bows and dips; even in micron measurements. More prone to lose adhesion.
2. 2- part laquer. Deficit to stretchers: slower, glue has a pot life. Benefit to stretcher: less sensitive to dips and bows. Benefit to printers: Longer screen life. (Important to know these products are usually offered in high mesh and low mesh viscosities.)
Second, it appears that the pre-abrasion of the frame is either poor or non existent. Often skimped on due to cost this is a critical step. The optimum way to achieve the best and most uniform abrasion is bead blasting. Most frame providers do not provide this service any more because it's a price war game out there. Grinding is inferior unless you have a Grunig or Harlacher unit designed for this specific purpose.
That'll have t do for now
100% correct.  We do bead blasting at Xenon.  Along with two other proprietary steps designed and invented by Brent.  Our frames are guaranteed and we stand behind ours with our reputation.
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 03:56:49 PM »
i've heard those grunigs are sweet.  I think spot color has one.

You can tell which frames have been PROPERLY prepped and which ones haven't.

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
by the by, I have some 23x31's in Atlanta i could ship to you.  What mesh counts are those?
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald