Author Topic: Advice needed  (Read 728 times)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Advice needed
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:43:47 PM »
I have a customer wanting a quote on these. I need to first feel comfortable that I can do them. I looked at the file and it shows 7 colors (YAY that 10 color junk press I bought is doing me alot of good now)
The kicker for me is that they are going on Red, Blue, Green & Orange shirts. Can this be done in 6 colors ( as I dont have that 10 color press thats sitting on my floor in a heap pile), what do you think the print order would be taking into account all the different shirt colors?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Re: Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 03:04:56 PM »
You can rock this on a 6co manual.  You'll need to sub some colors here and there but White ub PFP (will show through for the text) + 5 top colors, preferably wow (or at least for the gradient colors).  Print will be a little thick v. doing it in 7co but I wouldn't hesitate to run it that way, just choose your white mesh carefully.

Don't be afraid to make art suggestions to your client that involve color reduction, remember most people aren't thinking along those lines, they just have a logo and that's as far as they've considered it.  They'll be stoked you saved them a print color or two and you'll still be able to run the job in house.