Author Topic: Adobe Illustrator CS6?  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Logoman

• Life is what happens while your making other plans
Adobe Illustrator CS6?
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:39:38 PM »
I am currently using Ill. CS5 but some of my customers have purchased Ill. CS6. Anyone use CS6 and what is the best price out there?

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
Re: Adobe Illustrator CS6?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 08:42:18 AM »
I am on 5 too. If I get a 6 file I will import into InDesign and export a pdf. That seems to work.
I think the next move I make will be http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.edu.html. I have young kids so I will be using their student addition.
Matt
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 10:27:42 AM »
What are the benefits of c5 and c6 I still use Illy 10 and cs3

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
What are the benefits of c5 and c6 I still use Illy 10 and cs3

Darryl

I do not use either to well enough to know the difference. I just like being able to open the files that my clients send me. I find it is hard to get them to save something down more than a version or 2. Many times my client does not even have the program. They have to go back the designer and that adds time and frustration.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
CS6 has a really good vector conversion tool. It is worth the money just for that. Unlike the previous version, CS6 does great with text as it has an option to create straight lines.
CC (the cloud version) is out and has a neat text adjustment option unavailable with previous versions. It is $50 per month to get all the adobe tools. If you are current user it could be as low as $29 per month.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »
You can place a CS6 file into CS5, then go to "Flatten Transparency" under the Object menu; make sure to check all three check boxes in the middle. After that, you may have to release Clipping Masks; not always, but sometimes...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Im-Magic

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 11:33:37 PM »
This is adobe's way of keeping the graphics industry broke. Graphic artists always seem to buy the latest version the day it is released and then take delight in sending it to us poor people (making sure that they use every new tool) whereas we still have not managed to pay off the loan we had to take out to buy the last version about 3 months ago. I tell them now that I only have version 9 so that the pity me (even though I have CS3. Adobe releases too often.
Stuart

Offline middletownink

• Verified/Junior
  • Future so bright, got to wear shades!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 12:20:13 AM »
I use CS5 and I open 6 files all the time. I often times have to release clipping masks. I haven't found it annoying enough to purchase 6 yet!!  Did I hear that adobe is no longer going to release new versions after 6?  They will continue with offer new version through the cloud version? 

I don't know that I like the monthly payment option. Kinda feels like a lease or rent payment. It yours but not!  My design programs are personal to me. All my buttons are where I want them. It kinda like a rock star team of special tools. We all work together to create magic for the customer!  No one else knows about all the horendious attempts before!  That final save is like a high five!! 
-You Think It! - We Print It!-

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 11:36:47 AM »
I still work in AI10 for most of my work even though I have cs3, I just can't really find enough changes to keep me upgrading for no other reason is just to say I got it, if I was a really big time artist and sep guy doing tons of work like Dan or a few other guys on here maybe I could see it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 12:42:27 PM »
google cs6 trial crack, save yourself some money. There will be another version soon anyways.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »
google cs6 trial crack, save yourself some money. There will be another version soon anyways.

hey can I order some shirts from you and stiff you on a payment? And if you think that it is not the same, pirated software is stealing no matter how you spin it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Gabe

• If it`s not alive, I can print it.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 02:21:18 PM »
I have cs2 and only use it for opening files and a little editing
recently I`ve toying with the idea to get latest version of illy or cs6
what is the diff since cs2
any input
thanks

Offline royster13

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »
This is adobe's way of keeping the graphics industry broke. Graphic artists always seem to buy the latest version the day it is released and then take delight in sending it to us poor people (making sure that they use every new tool) whereas we still have not managed to pay off the loan we had to take out to buy the last version about 3 months ago. I tell them now that I only have version 9 so that the pity me (even though I have CS3. Adobe releases too often.

600.00 a year for a suite of software that "rocks" keeps you broke?......I thought screen printers made piles of money....

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »
Might be worth it for some of you to buy the disc version while it's still available. I suspect if they aren't going to publish upgrades to disc, it might be available "while supplies last", as they say.
As for the cloud version, once subscribed, you'll always have the latest updates. I wonder if they'll even change the version number from here on out, since everyone will have the latest either installed or available.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 06:34:51 PM »
I wonder if they'll even change the version number from here on out, since everyone will have the latest either installed or available.

I believe they will change the number when most of their customers are on Cloud, because the "6" disc version still get updates. So may be that will be the last move to get everyone on Cloud.

Oh well, have to find some way to make more money to cover the cost.

http://www.adobe.com/au/products/creativecloud/faq.html