Author Topic: A dear friend of the board lost a family member today.  (Read 3660 times)

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
A dear friend of the board lost a family member today.
« on: June 20, 2013, 12:17:32 PM »
I will not mention names but am posting this to express my heart felt condolences.  The family member lost was of the 4 legged variety.  My thoughts and prayers are yours my friend.  :'( :'(
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: A dear friend of the board lost a family member today.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 12:55:24 PM »
Always sad, but at least a little less so when the end comes at the expected span. Hopefully, this was the case.

We lost our last of four a while back and it is certainly a little lonelier here.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printficient

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 01:04:49 PM »
Unfortunately this four was taken too soon.  :'( :'(
Shop-Doc "I make house calls"
Procedure Video Training
Press Inspections
Tips and Tricks Training
404-895-1796 Sonny McDonald

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
Gonna go hug my dog now.

Condolences.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Wow, what a coincidence, my wife's dog of 14 years that spent every day at the shop with her died this afternoon.  Our shop mascot has gone on to a better place and is with the man that built this business now, she's in good hands.  It's been a tough last few hours so I know the hurt that they are feeling.  My wife loved that dog more than me at times.  I'm gonna cut out early today and go take care of the wife the rest of the day, my condolences as well.  Heavy heart today.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
Pet grief is pretty tough, sorry for those folks, and Alan, sorry for your wife. Nobody loves you like your dog... our shop dog is slowing down pretty much, she's 9-1/2 now, been coming in every morning since 8 weeks. Hard to watch, but I love her to death, and she's not even my dog...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »
My condolences... yeah pet grief sucks. Sad as any family member. We get so attached to these critters whose lives are so short, but have as much soul as any human.

Rest in peace, animal friends.
Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 05:24:40 PM »
One of the sadest days I've had is when I had to take our Dalmatian to be put down.
He was around eleven yrs old. It still haunts me to this day. I keep thinking " I maybe could have kept him with me for some more time. In reality it was his time. He couldn't even get up from sleeping anymore. I blubbered the whole way thru. I still feel like he thinks I left him behind.

I feel for that person. They are indeed family.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:46:08 PM »
Yeah the four or two legged ones are tough.
When we moved up state we were like the Beverly Hillbillies in our Jimmy.

German Shepard, Dalmation, Crorgi, Chihuahua (Max ruled them all!),
African Grey, Cockatiels, Ferret, Guinea Pig, and a bucket full of fish.  :o
-That's a lot to say goodbye to.

Now we are down to little Twinkie (Papillon) and two cats one of which
was thrown in our ditch at 6 weeks old! Who does that?!

~Time heals all~

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 05:48:19 PM by GaryG »

Online TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 05:57:24 PM »
That is horrible news guys! I feel for you, I can still remember having to put my first dog down like it was yesterday. Those 4 legged pals have more of a impact than we realize a lot of the times.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
....My heartfelt condolences. I, too, had to make the decision to let my oldest little buddy go and be pain-free just this past Monday. Its something I had never had to do before, and it was tough. Its strange, I dont think about it much during the workday, but when I get home I cant seem to help but notice that the head count is off. Ive been trying to get home a litlle earlier to spend time with the others, I know they wonder where he is, and they grieve too.

...the pic below is my buddy, Joonyer (not Beagley, which I mentioned above). Joonyer is an Bassett-Beagle mix, and the first dog that I adopted on my own as an adult. Joonyer has been coming to work daily with me for the last four-plus years, and is probably my best salesperson. Since we work together, theres rarely a moment we arent in earshot of one another. At almost 11 years old, Joonyer is also starting to get awfully grey around the snout these days. I dread the day it becomes his time to go, too.

...maybe we should start a "post your pets" thread. We could use some levity around here, I think.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 06:33:38 PM »
On this sad note, one way to ease the trauma a bit is to have your vet come to the house to administer that final sleep.
Familiar surroundings are much more comforting for both of you.

No fewer tears for us last October, but we knew that he was comfortable in his last moments here.
We have had three different vets offer this service, and I am sure that many of yours will do the same.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 08:44:30 PM »
Sean,

Sorry to hear about Beagley. The picture of Jooyner reminds me of my girls (see pic) Cookie and Lady. Cook is 10-1/2 and Lady is almost nine. They've both had health problems and Lady was abused as a pup, so I'm not sure how long they'll be around. I can't bear the thought of not having them around so your post really hit home.
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »
..Thanks Brad. Beagley actually looked much like your pups there. Maybe I will start a pet thread, and post a pic or two of him and the rest of the herd... 8)

...Joonyer also came from an abusive home, by the hands of children I believe. He gets very nervous around small children, so if a customer is accompanied by one, we usually usher him into the print-shop area. Like his namesake ( ;D ), he gets very excited when pretty ladies come to see us and he whines and dances for attention. He has also developed a personal relationship with our UPS man, who gives him a treat when he delivers here. He can hear the truck coming before the rest of us do, and lets us know by demanding to be let out into the bay area of the shop.

...All of my pups (four now) are rescues, and all have some kinda crazy, and sometimes sad, back-story. I feel vindicated knowing I am doing my best to provide a happy life for them while they are with me.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline mavgraph

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:49 PM »
Sean,

That' s awesome that you give them a good life. I know they are grateful. Dogs are the best and they give back. Cookie and Lady are known throughout neighborhood as "the girls"

When i walk them all the kids come out and their smiles are priceless
Brad
Maverick Graphic Supply 877-MAVERIK brad@maverickgraphicsupply.com
www.maverickgraphicsupply.com
Your #1 Choice For Inkjet and Laser Film
Adopt a Beagle! www.brewbeagles.org