Author Topic: Clips of the week..vintage motorcycle  (Read 2459 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Clips of the week..vintage motorcycle
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
Well this is how I get around trademarks and coprights. Part of the appeal is the allover appearance.
But they were simply done on 25x36 frames every other head on a dinosaur Gauntlet
Easy!
tp
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:19:42 PM by blue moon »

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Clips of the week..vintage motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 01:21:39 PM »
Beautiful as always. You've got color combinations down for sure.

What kind of blanks are these?

And lastly, did you have to modify your Gauntlet to fit 25x36 frames?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:39 PM »
Thanks eb.....these are all on Eternal Apparel. BTW the top collage illustrates tonal discharge. Technically since there is no pigment its not even an ink. .5% ZFS renders the image as a tonal "bleach" of the dye. So we can do a graphic on eight different blanks. The appearance is that of an ink change but there is none. Hangs nice at retail. The surf girl is another example of slurry spray. I teach them how to spray in certain directions to more accurately depict surf spray.
Its another way to emulate allover without having to spend $$$
Oh and no press modification. I have to smile seeing all the bickering about stroke length on other sites. Does anyone realize how many early model presses can print a 20" stroke?

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:36:56 PM »
That's 1/2 percent ZFS by weight to a clear base for a tonal "bleach"? Just making sure I understand.
Great looking stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 02:41:19 PM »
Thats an average.......some shirts require more. Others if you use too much they are too bleachy.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 03:16:38 PM »
Thanks eb.....these are all on Eternal Apparel. BTW the top collage illustrates tonal discharge. Technically since there is no pigment its not even an ink. .5% ZFS renders the image as a tonal "bleach" of the dye. So we can do a graphic on eight different blanks. The appearance is that of an ink change but there is none. Hangs nice at retail. The surf girl is another example of slurry spray. I teach them how to spray in certain directions to more accurately depict surf spray.
Its another way to emulate allover without having to spend $$$
Oh and no press modification. I have to smile seeing all the bickering about stroke length on other sites. Does anyone realize how many early model presses can print a 20" stroke?

So you are saying your old Gauntlet is able to print past 20" even tho its not advertised as such.  ;D

I got 2 extra inches out of our old a$$ Javelin above what was stated possible imagine that.
"No man is an island"

Offline squeegee

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »
Yea Tony, I really like the last one, looks very cool.

I'm intrigued too about the .5% tonal concept, have you ever tried that with a pigmented color?  I have a customer that wants that tonal look in discharge but in a faint color...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:27:49 PM »
It would be easy but you would need to play around with the ratios. On something like that good documentation is critical especialyl if they re-order.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »
Oh and yes Ink imagine that.......I forget how old that particular press is (2,200,000 impressions) but by simply buying a few oversize frames/squeegees etc. you can! Yes we bought it used for 12K and it runs perfectly and fast. Now, we are limited to four colors oversize but I design around that constraint. If you look at the designs they are all between one and three colors. Ten would be overkill!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
Awesome prints Tony, im jealous. 

Oh and yes Ink imagine that.......I forget how old that particular press is (2,200,000 impressions) but by simply buying a few oversize frames/squeegees etc. you can! Yes we bought it used for 12K and it runs perfectly and fast. Now, we are limited to four colors oversize but I design around that constraint. If you look at the designs they are all between one and three colors. Ten would be overkill!

You will have to excuse inkman, he is used to getting less than advertised, not more.   ;D

LOL.

I enjoy 23 inches of print on a press spec'd at 20.  I think if I wanted to I could print 24-25 inches.  Oh and I could do it in every head if I wanted.

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube