Author Topic: Have a copy of AccuRIP you're not using  (Read 3030 times)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Have a copy of AccuRIP you're not using
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:14:13 PM »
as the title asks.. does anyone have a Copy of Accurip Medium format you're not using that you don't mind parting with?

Thanks!

**As of present, I got a copy shortly after this was originally posted**
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:27:22 PM by jsheridan »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: Have a copy of AccuRIP you're not using
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 05:22:42 PM »
This is what I would like to know as well. Anyone not using a copy of accurip.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »
Nope.  I know the purchased ones may do things better, but like the baseball player said -

Ghost has been beddy beddy gud for me.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 11:25:43 PM »
I have the XL version. I'll think about it.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 11:41:46 PM »
I've used ghost a couple times where Corel couldn't handle the file separations. It would take forever to print a film opened in ghost and it flew thru it,don't know why though.

Will the XL version of accurip work on a 1400? I've been wanting to upgrade to a 17" printer and along the way found some great deals on 24" printers but don't know if I would ever need that big, 17 for sure 24 idk

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:06 AM »
I've used ghost a couple times where Corel couldn't handle the file separations. It would take forever to print a film opened in ghost and it flew thru it,don't know why though.

Will the XL version of accurip work on a 1400? I've been wanting to upgrade to a 17" printer and along the way found some great deals on 24" printers but don't know if I would ever need that big, 17 for sure 24 idk

I'm a bit confused on this where Corel couldn't handle the file separations.  Ghost would never be expected to be a separator.  Ghost takes single color postscript files (from Corel, PS, or AI) and handles the conversion to print the halftone image.

Did I misread something?

If it took forever to print a film from Ghost, I suspect there are some settings that need improvement.  GhostGum is the actual application the is the print mechanism and GhostScript is used behind the scenes and never referenced directly.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »
Well I had a file with a crazy font that Corel did not like, would take forever to load and when I went to print it would take forever in Corel. I mean the printer would print a couple passes and wait for a few minutes and do a couple more passes.

When I opened in Ghostscript the file opened immediatly and printed normally. I did not understand it.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:16:12 AM »

I do know Corel will bog down with an excessive number of nodes and will slow (or stop) print. 

But Corel files have a file extension of .cdr and will not open in Ghost (at least mine sure won't) so if you didn't save out the plates as individual postscript (.ps) files to Ghost, I don't understand how Ghost could have printed "normally".

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 01:20:17 AM »
I dont remember how I did it, it was a few months ago. I can try and replicate what I did but the file is in my dead laptop.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 01:29:15 AM »
Probably not worth the effort. 

I was just trying to clear things up should anyone be reading down the posts and comes away thinking that Ghost is difficult to use.  There is a little learning curve that I've tried to skip with a writeup I made and once the few setting are in place, it's usually pretty easy to use for printing halftones, when needed.

I know some of the 'pay' RIPS supposedly do more in the area of laying down heavier deposits of ink, but I have no complaints from my HP9800 for density.  At least not using Fixxons Film anyway.  I've used another name brand film and when you hold both to the light the Fixxons beats it hands down.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 11:17:43 AM »
I dont remember how I did it, it was a few months ago. I can try and replicate what I did but the file is in my dead laptop.

Hey Gerry, do you have a desktop that is reasonably new (5 years'ish)?  If so you could pull that hard drive out of that laptop and stick it in the desktop with nothing more than a phillips screwdriver... very simple.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »
I do. I just have to get around to do it. Maybe you can walk me thru it when we both have time.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
Sure thing man... just send me a PM... it's fairly easy.