Author Topic: OnSite 7  (Read 5911 times)

Offline Rocfrog

OnSite 7
« on: August 05, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »
Anyone have any experience with OnSite 7?? We are looking for new shop management software and my boss was asking if I had heard anything about this software and I'm not seeing much on here....

Nick

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: OnSite 7
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:01:49 PM »
what's your budget? Shopworx is expensive, but it supposedly offers more than the rest. For 3 users it would cost us almost $15K!!!

several here are using it and can give you feedback on it.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 06:02:30 PM »
We have OnSite 7 - 25 users - yes EXPENSIVE!! The payback is having a system that handles EVERYTHING. Even stuff you never thought of...

Do you have an excell spread sheet ------------------------------------------------------------------------- GONE
Do you have Quickbooks (this is a BIG ONE)---------------------------------------------------------------- GONE
Do yo have postit notes -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GONE
Are you afraid of someone quiting because of their "internal knowledge" -------------------------------- GONE
Have you missed shipping, production, screen making, art, -----------------------------------------------GONE
Do you lose paperwork on orders or entire orders never billed --------------------------------------------GONE
Are employees holding you hostage--------------------------------------------------------------------------GONE

We have been printing for 25 years and I was sure we had all bases covered - NOPE. We have had OnSite 7 for 8 months and I'm sorry we did not do this years ago. We have only scratched the surface of this program. No -

I do not work for Shopworks. No - I receive no indorcements from them.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
It looks like the creme' de la creme' of mgmt software.  Way too spendy for the smaller shops unfortunately.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:08:54 PM »
I used it for 14 years before I opened my own shop, and yes it is awesome.  But I wouldn't consider it unless I was doing 2 million a year, and we are new, so we are not.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
Wow! Thanks for the feedback. I haven't done any research on this yet, but one the guys in the shop has done some research and told me to ask on here about it. I'm new to this shop and thier processes and they currently use FastManager but they don't like it.

Nick

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:11:59 AM »
If they don't like FM they may not like Shpwx as well. They are quite similar.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
the problem is these programs are made for a 1 size fits all decorators approach...it doesn't.  they are good, much better than quickbooks or an excel spreadsheet, but there isn't a perfect one out there...unless you build it and have the ability to make upgrades and changes.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
We use our own software...

What surprises me is that scheduling looks sub-par.

The rest looks  decent though, Ron's post looks very promising...wonder how much it is for 25 users though wow..

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 12:49:31 PM »
the problem is these programs are made for a 1 size fits all decorators approach...it doesn't.  they are good, much better than quickbooks or an excel spreadsheet, but there isn't a perfect one out there...unless you build it and have the ability to make upgrades and changes.

local guy I talked to here spent a cool $1 mil on his software and it still has issues with it. I figure, $15K vs. $1MM is a no brainer, I'll take the fact that it will not do 100% we want at those savings!!!

Additional licenses are $1k if I am not mistaken. It is the first license, the server, the install and the training that get you. My guess about $20K more than what we were quoted.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Flying Colors

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
We use Shopworks here and I can answer the questions you have. Are there any questions you have for any particular parts of the software?

Our overall view on the software is it fits us perfectly. We are a 100% contract shop so I think it is easier to please us than other decorators, but there is not a part of the software that we use we are not happy with.

The areas we saw the greatest increase in efficiency was customer service, production scheduling/management, S&R, and accounting.

Again, let me know specific areas you have questions on and I can expand on those areas or ones that I mentioned.

Feel free to call or email.

Mark
734-641-1300

Offline Rocfrog

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »
Thanks again for all the great responses guys! We talked about it on Thursday and did the cost add up for it all and we figure for that price we could use a new press instead of software, not that that's gonna happen right away either but $15K for software!!! It does sound like it would e a perfect fit for our shop and help streamline a lot of processes but just too deep for our pockets right now....

Any other comparable software with an easier price tag?

Nick

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »
Thanks again for all the great responses guys! We talked about it on Thursday and did the cost add up for it all and we figure for that price we could use a new press instead of software, not that that's gonna happen right away either but $15K for software!!! It does sound like it would e a perfect fit for our shop and help streamline a lot of processes but just too deep for our pockets right now....

Any other comparable software with an easier price tag?

Nick

we're very happy with TeeCal. It interfaces with QuickBooks so we run accounting through QB and shop management through TeeCal. It without a doubt got us doing the right things and it keeps us in check. At this point I can not see us running the shop without it!

I have not tried the other programs so I can't tell you how it compares to them.

The support is top notch! I've sent emails out over the weekend expecting a call back on monday and got a call right away. Ken called as late as 11pm to answer questions. They have even put in few of the suggestions I asked for in the new releases. 'can't really ask for more. I sometimes wonder how they make money with all the service they provide and only charge $70/month for 6 users (problems are rare, one or two per year that are resolved quickly, I keep bugging them asking for more stuff to be added to the program) .

pierre

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
the top 3 would probably be T-quoter, Tee-Cal and Price-it, in no particular order.

I run T-quoter.  I amnot 100% happy with it, but for the price, it's dang good.  They just upgraded the database format and that should make updates a ton easier.  I really want to see an inventory management feature, that would make life a ton easier.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 12:37:29 PM »
I haven't had time to install fusion/windows on our macs but it looks like we're going to TeeCal as soon as I can. Just need to trial it and make sure it can get it done for us.

I'm surprised at how wonky and buggy a lot of the software for screen print mgmt is and how unconcerned some of the proprietors of the software are when your entire file is down and you cannot access orders. Having your business essentially grind to a halt for lack of access to order and quote information is extremely stressful. 

Those three Brad mentioned are the ones that look to be rock solid in both the program and the support without costing $15k.  I would like to see programs addressing the fact that most of our clients are more comfortable online v. on paper these days but I'm sure features like that will become standard soon enough.

Fyi, TeeCal does have inventory management and even spits out pick lists when some items are being pulled from inventory.