Author Topic: Pc I,m working on  (Read 2026 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Pc I,m working on
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:46 PM »
I still might need to do a little more trying to stay within budget 3 color job on white tees whatda ya think?
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Pc I,m working on
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 05:33:23 PM »
Hey D what kind of fill is in the letters? Not bad  ;D

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »
I think the art looks great.  :D  I have two comments that could add to the over all look.

I would try seeing how it looks by switching out the colors and texture on the small type and on the 77.  Put the texture in the LARGE 77 (so you can really make visual use out of the texture). It's a much more larger more open area to grasp what the texture is. The SOLID red small type would be great.

When you put in in the smaller type, two things happen.

1, The texture gets lost with all thats going on while trying to read the type.
2, The reverse happens. The type becomes all boogered up with gobbles of texture and makes it less readable.

Texture on small type is not easy to pull off well.  The overall design is a goon'n.

and now, back to work.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 08:54:44 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »
@ Scott, football texture...and Dan I was thinking the same thing about switching the colors around after I got a long look at it.  Just trying to make a cheap design pop without going overboard
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »
@ Scott, football texture...and Dan I was thinking the same thing about switching the colors around after I got a long look at it.  Just trying to make a cheap design pop without going overboard

Go ahead and go overboard.  The printers love that about artist.   :P
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850