Author Topic: Man....  (Read 12579 times)

Offline jesterapparel

• !!!
Re: Man....
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2011, 03:20:27 PM »
I was going to start my own forum, but these guys beat me to it.
There doing a great job and there is no need for it now.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2011, 03:22:48 PM »
frog, I am pretty sure that photo is a fake, curly never played drums.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
I was going to start my own forum, but these guys beat me to it.
There doing a great job and there is no need for it now.

Ironically I take some credit for talking a current "Open" big player out of starting his own back in '09, so as to not deplete or dilute the pool for P any more than already at the time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:37:56 PM by Frog »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
frog, I am pretty sure that photo is a fake, curly never played drums.

I think that you are thinking of Mickey Dolenz

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
Well, I don't have much need to go over there now that I've lost my mod status.  All I did with it lately was to see if anything needed moved to a more appropriate section, I wasn't about to start moderating posts and stuff like that, but now I don't have to worry about it.  It's still bookmarked, but I haven't been over there in a few days.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2011, 05:25:28 PM »
Well, I don't have much need to go over there now that I've lost my mod status.  All I did with it lately was to see if anything needed moved to a more appropriate section, I wasn't about to start moderating posts and stuff like that, but now I don't have to worry about it.  It's still bookmarked, but I haven't been over there in a few days.

:o
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2011, 05:37:34 PM »
I don't get why people who criticize things over there or are even slammed personally over there, continue to post over there. Oh well, not my problem to ponder I suppose.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2011, 05:56:09 PM »
Let's make this place a place that every screen printer embroiderer wants to be part off.
I'm very thankful for everything that I have learned here and on SPOF, and I will do anything I can to help person in need.
I do not have much experience and knowledge, but I bet that I can make this place better and bring more to it.

If we have everybody thinking the same, this place should be rocking pretty soon (it rocks right now, but I want it to be even better).

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2011, 07:51:23 PM »
Let our people speak then.  What can make this place even better?  I like that it almost runs itself but Frog does keep a good eye on things.

Just for enlightenment and discussion at this time, what have people seen elsewhere that make for a good forum?  We know this one is currently running steady and picking up steam but what might we be missing? We have some ideas for portions of the forum to be developed later. Nothing earth shattering but stuff.   What say you?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline squeegee

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:42 PM »
I've been tempted to post on SPOF a few times in the last few days, just in protest of the gross hypocrisy, but on principle I won't.

Even before it (spof) got to this level, I was nearly fed up with the big cheese's obvious distaste for some of my comments/opinions.  Seems to me if you can't state your own opinion without the mod jumping on you, then screw it, why bother?  I even made a monetary contribution to spof as well as many posts and much of my time only to see it go down the shitter to one loud mouth and potential grandiose machine commissions.  What a waste of time and energy.

Glad to have this place to talk shop.

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Let our people speak then.  What can make this place even better?  I like that it almost runs itself but Frog does keep a good eye on things.

Just for enlightenment and discussion at this time, what have people seen elsewhere that make for a good forum?  We know this one is currently running steady and picking up steam but what might we be missing? We have some ideas for portions of the forum to be developed later. Nothing earth shattering but stuff.   What say you?

When it comes down to it, it's the posts and the people who post them that make a great forum. In the short time this one has been around, there's been a lot of quality posting here by some great folks. It's already a resource.

Doesn't need much more than that... even the old TSPMB had little in the way of bells and whistles, but was rich in info and activity.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
A little about moderating.
You may remember a brief period just before the end, when TSPMB ran even a little smoother.
It was when Muldoon actually moderated a bit, or at least listened to members when spammers posted and discussion sections were threatened with sales clogs. The offending posts were cut. Moderate moderation. (sic notwithstanding)
Now, even with an understandable no-bash policy in place, this is not the same as shutting down any meaningful thoughtful discussion, showing two sides, merely because the owner's or favorite posters' business interests may not be served, or be shown in a poor light. A few of us were recently shocked at this occurrence on another completely different forum.
This criteria, code named "ideals" is now apparently one of the benchmarks for moderating elsewhere.

Now, that said, my partners and I have certainly taken a few stands that may have offended a few, but I feel that it was done pretty much in the "open", and addressed, something that somehow seems to be lacking in a few other places.
There is a creepy feeling, that like Johnny warned, "there is more going on than you may think".

btw, this is now the second most posted thread here.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 09:10:21 PM by Frog »