Author Topic: Man....  (Read 12596 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
Man....
« on: July 13, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
I never would have guessed that P's forum would just die...it is like dead over there, just a creepy bug running the show i guess....sad! :o

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: Man....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:47:40 AM »
It is written.  "You reap what you sew".  I guess it's true. He was his own worst enemy. He didn't listen to the people. The people make a forum.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 07:42:20 AM »
I never would have guessed that P's forum would just die...it is like dead over there, just a creepy bug running the show i guess....sad! :o

Sad for sure.  I seen it coming a mile away though.  When you ignore your members (the vast majority), its only a matter of time before they find a new place or create one themselves.  The same thing that made his forum the place to goto, is now the reason people avoid it.  Ironic I guess.....

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:31:23 AM »
I'm not sure it's dead just smells funny. By all accounts Preston is a well educated man who stands by his moral convictions. Kudos to that. But in his effort to be fair and balanced and non biased to all he sort of fell into the wrong crowd. Here you have to pay your dues to be a member. Not in dollars of course but behaviour.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
Well as you can see Tony the second someone innocently asked about my press over there and the answers were given Voldermort went ballistic and immediately got that thread deleted. Sorry but P's spiel about being open and fair is a crock, at least when it comes to Voldermorts Press. Now sad to say it seems his majesty a$$wipe has digitsmith wrapped around his fingers I think we all know who Jerri really is.
"No man is an island"

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »
You are probably right on all that Ink. Rumor has it he went over to the Dark Side because he needed money.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:38 AM »
Sara has a very specific writing style and certain tells that scream at me when i read Jerri's longer winded posts.
"No man is an island"

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:15:04 AM »
There was a day last week where by 4pm there was only 3 posts for the entire day, and 2 of those posts were about a flash mob.  It's sad that it's become what it has, but like Brandt said, I think most of us saw it coming.  I know the post counts were way down and a contest was started, but you just can't manufacturer discussions like they are trying to do right now, it just doesn't look right and the posts really don't have content worth reading right now.  Oh well, I thought it had some serious potential, but there are too many good, active members that have decided to post here instead so it likely will never be the best screen printing forum.

I love me some Johnny and respect his loyalty to P, but I just don't think he can make spof what it was just a few months ago no matter how hard he tries.  The respect I used to have for P was way up there, almost mentor-like in some aspects and his conviction is so very strong, I think it blinds his periphery.  He reminds me of a sinking boat captain who has an opportunity to hop on the life boat but he refuses and thinks he has to go down with the ship.  I guess I'm saying that it never had to be that way, everyone could have been listened to and I think Robert's membership there could have been handled without running off 90% of the active posters.  I think that he drew a line in the sand and stood behind it thinking his opposition was wrong, but there wasn't really a wrong or a right, it was a majority/minority issue. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 09:16:39 AM »
I'm not sure it's dead just smells funny. By all accounts Preston is a well educated man who stands by his moral convictions. Kudos to that. But in his effort to be fair and balanced and non biased to all he sort of fell into the wrong crowd. Here you have to pay your dues to be a member. Not in dollars of course but behaviour.

Ya its not exaclty dead, but frankly the idea of forums is particpation of members.  Posting questions/information/facts/fun stuff etc.  There are just a few topics/posts a day there now.  Its pretty rough. 

When I compare its actual posting to whats going on here, this site has far more activity in that respect.  I think this speaks volumes about what the masses think about it.  Im sure he will tell us how "wrong" we all are.  But the proof is in the puddin' son.  LOL

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »

Ya its not exaclty dead, but frankly the idea of forums is particpation of members.  Posting questions/information/facts/fun stuff etc.  There are just a few topics/posts a day there now.  Its pretty rough. 

When I compare its actual posting to whats going on here, this site has far more activity in that respect.  I think this speaks volumes about what the masses think about it.  Im sure he will tell us how "wrong" we all are.  But the proof is in the puddin' son.  LOL

What a set up

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 09:31:17 AM »

What a set up

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »
As for the other part of your post, actual participation, it's interesting that this claim is made over at TSPMB:

...Go to the “friendly forums” to shoot the breeze, visit SPOF to learn.

I might be crazy and biased, but damn, isn't it great when learning is fun as well? Weren't those the teachers and classes that made sense, and stuck with you? When nuggets of knowledge and wisdom are blowing in that same breeze, in my mind, it's the perfect storm.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 09:45:30 AM »
Yeah I'm not sure theres that much "learning" going on there. The original purpose of these forums and others like it is contain a strong amount of educational and informative content. And yes some fun stuff. Not really seeing it anywhere but here really at least for now. It seems that many of these forums start out strong but many reasons they appear to have a relatively short life span of a few years. We shall see.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »
Newbies like me learn a lot on the forums. I have found some valuable info on SPOF when I started last year. Preston was more than helpful when I looked for the machine. I am thankful for that. I was regular there for a few months before all the sh!t hit the fans.
Now, I go to DS or T-Shirt forum more than I go to SPOF.
I'm here every 20-30 minutes during the day to see what is going on. Still learning a lot from you guys :)

Again, thanks to Pierre, Andy and "Dane" for a nice place to "hang out"!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
As for the other part of your post, actual participation, it's interesting that this claim is made over at TSPMB:

...Go to the “friendly forums” to shoot the breeze, visit SPOF to learn.

I might be crazy and biased, but damn, isn't it great when learning is fun as well? Weren't those the teachers and classes that made sense, and stuck with you? When nuggets of knowledge and wisdom are blowing in that same breeze, in my mind, it's the perfect storm.

There is still a great amount of knowlege on SPOF....but for that matter there is on TSPMB as well.  The interesting part is that now that TSPMB is picking up a little again and this site continues to grow.  While SPOF and Digitsmith both shrink in terms of active useful posting.  Hmm whats the common theme?  Oh and lets not forget the most popular screen print forum...does it have anything in common with this site and TSPMB?  HMMMM