Author Topic: Apparel Decorating Software  (Read 2823 times)

Offline Rlettering

Apparel Decorating Software
« on: August 30, 2013, 07:06:25 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I run a print shop of about 25 employees... everything from sales, graphics, screen creation/cleaning, overall decorating/approvals, embroidery, & shipping/receiving.

75% is contract printing (for one large corporation with about 60 sales reps)... the other 25% is from our own customers.

I am looking for a software program that works across all departments.... by simply typing in the order number, every employee has ALL order information at their finger tips... Every detail!! (even barcodes to scan in & out of departments). Right now we use excel sheets/written programs to help with day to day activities.  It can be a lot of run around at times.

I have done some research of my own...  but for the price that will be paid, I would really appreciate some advice from actual users!

Thanks!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Apparel Decorating Software
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »
You may be best off having custom program made. It is expensive though. But that way it is 100% tailored to your needs.
We looked into having custom one made and it was going to be over $15k if I remember correctly. We ended up with PriceIt software. They are a bunch of good guys that make it, busy guys,  but good guys.  It has the barcodes and such,  for us the inventory side of it was leaving a bit too be desired but we supplement that with I believe it is based InFlow. The guys at PriceIt will write custom additions(not for free) for you if they have time. There is a free trial online.  It can be networked and has the capability of remote logins which was a must for us.  All in all it was my favorite out of the 5 or so I tried.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
for a shop that size, shopworks might be a better bet

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:28:56 AM »
Shopworks may very well be a great fit.  I was just EXTREMELY put off by them, I always have viewed them as "snotty". But for the record I do hold a bit of a grudge against them because their representatives at a smaller local show(D.A.X.) were rather insulting and condescending to me. 

Plus, what's up with their pricing structure for support?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Extreme Screen Prints

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 12:20:24 AM »
Check out www.Producteev.com, it is by far better than any shop software out there. It is web based and task oriented and each task has sub tasks for each step of the process were people on the production floor
Can say check of screens shot, films printed, garments checked in Etc. you can store mockups and art files right under each task with all order info. When I started using it we were a small shop but now we have 3 autos and print close to 30 jobs a day and it keeps everything at your fingertips throughout the entire shop. Let me know what you guys think about it.