Author Topic: Problems with 3880  (Read 731 times)

Offline Maxie

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Problems with 3880
« on: September 02, 2013, 03:26:09 PM »
I am trying to get a new 3880 working.
I put in 280ml  cartridges, the big ones and had trouble getting the switch that functions when you close the ink door working.
My cartridges are in but the printer has not done the initial set up, filling the heads with ink.
Another problem is that I might have mixed up the 2 magenta chips, printer shows that these are not the right cartridges on both the magentas.
Anybody know how to fix these problems?
Can I switch the printer off and restart?
I do not have a chip resetter for the bulk cartridges.
Maxie Garb.
T Max Designs.
Silk Screen Printers
www.tmax.co.il

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Problems with 3880
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »
I run a different Epson, a WF1100 with aftermarket refillable cartridges from Cobra. They reset after being out of the printer for two minutes, but only if they registered as empty in the first place. (whether they were or not)
Another brand of cart I have says to short out the two brass dots with a bent paper clip to re-set.
Perhaps that may work for you.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Problems with 3880
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
You may have to go into the menus to get the initial fill going. Find a manual online if you can. I'm not sure what you mean by "mixed up the Magenta chips". Your carts should have the chips on them already, yes? Do you mean you mixed up the Light Magenta for the Dark Magenta? If the printer is telling you it's wrong, try swapping them. The worst that can happen is the printer will tell you it's wrong (again)...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't