Author Topic: Prepress/Graphic art position in Screen Printing Shop (Cleveland, OH)  (Read 2799 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
We are an Award winning shop in Cleveland, OH and are looking for the right person to join our team. Our work is on the cutting edge and we have won two SGIA's Golden Image Awards and are winning at every National and International competition we attend. We are also working with manufacturers on new products and techniques not available to the standard screenprinting shops. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with us.

JOB DESCRIPTION:
'looking for Graphic Design/Pre Press person to run the Art Department
-prepare the provided artwork for production (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
-communicating with customer and insuring all art details are correct.
-maintain records of the art on the shop's production management program and the server.
-occasionally design art to meet customer specifications
-communicate with production and scheduling to insure final product meets customer specification
-great organizational skill to be able to stay on top of multiple jobs going on at the same time.

All of the work is behind the computer on Adobe products (CS6). Proficiency with Illustrator is required! Knowledge of Corel is a plus.
Most of the work is spent preparing the art for film output (separating, vectorizing, cleaning up,setting up in templates . . .) and insuring all the details in the system are entered and correct. Small amount of time is spent designing art for the customers.

REQUIREMENTS:
-team player
-detail oriented
-good design skills are important, a graphic design degree is a plus.
-The position will require learning the advanced principles of screenprinting and specifying the production details for the printing depratment. Ability and desire to learn will be necessary for success in the position.
-must pass drug test
-highly computer literate and comfortable with technology.
-screenprinting experience preferred, but would consider the right person with just graphic work background.

This is entry to mid level position depending on the experience.
Right person could grow in to an Art Director position and take on more responsibilities over time.
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Prepress/Graphic art position in Screen Printing Shop (Cleveland, OH)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 10:29:24 AM »
What, no takers yet? Man, if I were 30 - 35 years younger without ties... Come on all you lurkers, there is a good opportunity to learn your craft here.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't