Author Topic: How big is yours?  (Read 1569 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
How big is yours?
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:47:37 AM »
Your screen room! How big is it and what all is done in it? We have always just had a room where we store coated screens and that's all.  We have outgrown that room and I am eyeing up a new spot in the basement.  I just wanted to get a feel for what everyone has in their screening room, and any ideas I might want to add into ours. I know I want to start coating screens in our screen room, and put our registration unit in there as well. I would really like to have a sink but we don't have plumbing in that side of the building.
I have a good amount of room to work with, but the initial size I was thinking was 12x32. We currently have about 200 statics, and are going to add about a hundred rollers into the equation here in the next month. Eventually I would like to get some oversized statics, but that's only in the "plan to"  stages now.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything would be appreciated guys.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: How big is yours?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 09:01:43 AM »
Our screen dept is actually eight rooms. One for each step. Each has its own climate and air filtration where necessary. All connected by ridiculously expensive two way restaurant doors with windows. This allows us to transport the rolling racks from room to room.
I know overkill but its kind of awesome

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:26:58 AM »
Yeah, it sounds kind of awesome... We have our sink, drying cabinet, large exposure unit (2 autos easily) 5K light and chemical storage in about 400 square feet, with some dividing walls. We keep a separate de-humidified cabinet for coated screens, but they aren't in there very long...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline kingscreen

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:07 AM »
300+sq.ft. split into 3 rooms. Main room: screen racks, coating table, dehumidifier. Second room: exposure unit, supply shelf, developing tank (water). Third room: washout booth, reclaim tank, utility sink.
Scott Garnett
King Screen

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »
700 square feet. Store coated screens (650 or so), We coat (Kiwo Simplex coater-2 up) Image (Kiwo I-Jet) and expose (hang on wall, Olec 5K) all in this room. Climate controlled with industrial dehumidifier and heat/AC with PTAC unit. Doors like Tony has in and out. Working on layout to pass exposed screens through opening in wall to developing area.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
I am thinking we will do all exposing and developing outside the room. So all that in my head(cricket) we will be doing in there is coating, storing and preping(registering). The space I am thinking is like I said roughly 380sq. ft. but I do have the option to go 24x32 which would bring it up over 750sq. ft.

My thing is I don't want to make it too small and regret it later and have to make it bigger, but at the same time I would rather not use up floor space that will be wasted...
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 03:12:14 PM »
Our dark room is a little under 200 sq/ft.  We coat and store screens in there with nothing else going on inside.  The FPU and exposure unit are two steps outside the door and we've never had any pre-exposure problems due to the expo unit and FPU being outside the dark room.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 03:23:10 PM »
196 sq/ft. Wash-out booth, two screen rack/cabinets, 300watt Nuarc flip top for small screens and pad printing plates, 4' x 6' wall hung vacuum frame and Olec 8K light source for big screens, pad printing plate acid etching station.
Wishin' I was Fishin'