Author Topic: Film Maker 3 and Epson 1430 giving me the runs....  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Donnie

• !!!
Film Maker 3 and Epson 1430 giving me the runs....
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:15:40 PM »
Just got a 1430 after my Epson 3000 died.  Had trouble with getting it set up. Called CAD Link {$ 75 bucks... F you very much} and they got it going. Now the damn thing starts spitting out the film.  I was getting it to print by turning off the printer and get  a holding error. I turn it back on and clear the error. I select "Rip Only" and a window pops up and ask if I want to spool again. I select NO. I now select print and BAM, it prints. That was my Apollo 13 method of getting home. NOW the SOB continually spits out the film NO Matter what I do.  Is this a rip prob, printer prob? ANYONE?

Offline Northland

Re: Film Maker 3 and Epson 1430 giving me the runs....
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:04:31 AM »
Just got a 1430 after my Epson 3000 died.  Had trouble with getting it set up. Called CAD Link {$ 75 bucks... F you very much} and they got it going. Now the damn thing starts spitting out the film.  I was getting it to print by turning off the printer and get  a holding error. I turn it back on and clear the error. I select "Rip Only" and a window pops up and ask if I want to spool again. I select NO. I now select print and BAM, it prints. That was my Apollo 13 method of getting home. NOW the SOB continually spits out the film NO Matter what I do.  Is this a rip prob, printer prob? ANYONE?

... not sure if I understand exactly what you're saying, but I'll toss this out.
I've occasionally had a problem with clear film going through my Epson 1400 un-printed.
Most of the time,  I can resolve the problem by putting a larger stack of paper behind the film (in the blank paper tray), this seems to slightly change the angle of the film as it enters and then the paper sensor sees the film.

You could try taping a sheet of white paper on the underside of your clear film to see if the problem is the paper sensor not seeing the film.

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
I was wondering if it was a feed problem or what. My epson 3000 would spit film through occasionally but it had a "re-set" feed button. You have to turn the 1430 off. I'll give it a go...

Offline Donnie

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 12:49:42 PM »
Just used a "non water proof film".... printed out 2 in a row with no problem.  Me thinks the thickness of water proof film may be causing issues with the feed sensor. Hmmm