Author Topic: photopaint problem  (Read 3693 times)

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
photopaint problem
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »
Im start to use photopaint more to do shading and what not. my problem is as I move the airbrush it goes for a little bit and the stops for a few seconds but im still moving my pen and before i know it my airbrush way off. it does this all the time, is there anything i can change or a setting in corel or is my computer just to stupid? thanks in advance.

Offline Chadwick

Re: photopaint problem
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:42 PM »
Using the mouse or a tablet?
Need some more info to help.

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 11:12:40 PM »
Sorry, I guess you mentioned pen.
Check this area for hardware settings first:

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »
Its a rendering issue my PC at work is much slower than my home PC and at work it stutters on me because the graphics cannot keep up with the rendering but my home PC has no issue.
"No man is an island"

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:16 PM »
Well, if it's a graphic card issue ( too weak or an on-board pos) you could increase the available RAM Photopaint has allocated to it.
( in photopaint's options )
Not perfect, but it should help some.

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:52:52 PM »
I have a high end graphics card I don't think it's that but the ram allocation to photopaint maybe a resolution. Thanks y'all..

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:02 AM »
Just trying to help. I don't have any info, so..
 ;)
Let us know how it goes.

Offline prozyan

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 04:15:56 AM »
If the freezing happens at regular intervals, it could be the auto save option. 
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:04:04 AM »
I adjusted the ram on the settings in corel and that seemed to help a lot but at times it still does it. I will check the auto save opition.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: tablet & airbrush problem
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 12:02:40 PM »
I adjusted the ram on the settings in corel and that seemed to help a lot but at times it still does it. I will check the auto save opition.

I'm having the same issue really. I thought it was that maybe I needed to update my driver. Nope. So I take the tablet over to my old mac and it works....for a while.  Then bad again. So I called tech support and they said what kind do you have?  What model?  I says a graphire...silver.  Oh,  pauses for a while. We don't sell those. I think they quite making that model a few years back. Anyhow, he says the pen's probably bad. So I he gives me a model of pen that will work. It's like $30.00 or so.  I never did like my graphire so I'm just doing to get a new one as soon as I can get my AR down but those things cost like $500.00

Anyone have a use one near 6-8" wide at a minimum)  they want to trade out for some seps?
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 11:13:54 PM »
I don't think it's the tablet anymore, but, as I said, I have no info here.
Dan's point about funky pens, yeah, that'll mess you up good. I was curious if you had mouse emulation on by accident.
Auto-save is good, but also a pain in the arse at times ( in a large file situation ), but that's at 10 minute intervals or something like that.
You have a 'good' graphics card, but define it,cause some of em just don't cut it for this, no matter what they may have told you.
( see, still in the dark here )
If it's on-board, remember, it shares not only the physical page file, but the ram as well, and your cpu takes the brunt of the work.
Undo levels in Corel, as well, I don't know what you've got it set at, but if you haven't checked it, drop it to 30 or something.
( I think default used to be 200+ and if your HD is getting full, that's no good either )
Save at intervals on that note, cause sprayin' pixel paint ...well you don't get to undo much of that anyways.
Revert to an older save if you decide it sucks.

Anything helping here?

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:50:26 PM »
I don't think it's the tablet anymore, but, as I said, I have no info here.
Dan's point about funky pens, yeah, that'll mess you up good. I was curious if you had mouse emulation on by accident.
Auto-save is good, but also a pain in the arse at times ( in a large file situation ), but that's at 10 minute intervals or something like that.
You have a 'good' graphics card, but define it,cause some of em just don't cut it for this, no matter what they may have told you.
( see, still in the dark here )
If it's on-board, remember, it shares not only the physical page file, but the ram as well, and your cpu takes the brunt of the work.
Undo levels in Corel, as well, I don't know what you've got it set at, but if you haven't checked it, drop it to 30 or something.
( I think default used to be 200+ and if your HD is getting full, that's no good either )
Save at intervals on that note, cause sprayin' pixel paint ...well you don't get to undo much of that anyways.
Revert to an older save if you decide it sucks.

Anything helping here?
Thanks Chad
Video card-nvidia geforce 9500GT
undo is at 50
yeah I dont know either, its getting time to get a new rig anyways. Im getting a laptop first any sugestons on that topic would be great too....I know apples are great but i dont have the scratch for that gear...

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:32:11 PM »
don't get a laptop, get a desktop and then use trueviewer or logmein...you can get those for free.

you will pay out the butt for a laptop with enough power...upgrading them is EXPENSIVE.  You have way more options with a desktop.

use the laptop you have now to just log into your other computer while you are away from the office

The system I am looking at building next(to replace my i7 quad core with 12GB of ram) is an AMD Phemon ii x6.  I like the AMD processors better than intel, I don't know why I went intel this time.

I can build an awesome system for under $400(I already have 8GB of DDR3 RAM).  And besides, for art, laptop screens usually don't have great color.

You will get a longer service life for less money from a desktop.