Author Topic: International Coatings Coming Soon!!!  (Read 2368 times)

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
International Coatings Coming Soon!!!
« on: October 28, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »
Our first acquisition will be the 7600 line of colors...

Shortly after that we will get a mixing system for pantone matches.

Then start adding whites. I’m not real familiar with their whites, any suggestions on ones we should consider?
Brannon Mullins Spot Color Supply
www.spotcolorsupply.com     sales@spotcolorsupply.com.
We Sell Workhorse Products,Along With Used Equipment, and Printing Supplies!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: International Coatings Coming Soon!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:16:40 AM »
From your point of view, I can understand not wanting to jump in completely, but I can tell you its quite annoying when my dealer does not stock the item(s) that I want from a line they carry.
I wanted to get some of the IC fast flash additive, and my dealer, Denco, does not stock it, and expected me to pay the additional shipping from IC.
Perhaps, if all of my dealings were paid shipping, it would not have been a big deal, but I consider Denco my local supplier for either easy pick-up or delivery when I make minimum.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:09 AM »
Reasonable point Frog... One benefit for our local/regional customers is IC ships out of Dalton GA, so time frame and freight would be minimally affected. We hope to add the products very quickly, but the cost can be tough on a small company like us. Items like additives will be fairly low in priority since we already have many of the different Excalibur additives in stock.

Do you have any experience with their whites?

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 10:30:55 AM »
They were one of the first to offer a white that did not require a window screen type mesh, and that low viscosity 714 was my everyday white for many years. (I still have some old regular viscosity 714, but have not tried any of their newer Whites in the last few years.
I actually tried to get a few new-formulation samples a few years back, but they didn't happen, and since I'm happy with Rutland Streetfighter right now, I'm not rocking the boat.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
The 711 and 714 were both really good white inks.  I've used the 711 here and there over the years and it's always been above average.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:53 PM »
Their LB sucks. Just throwing that out there. The five I got could not block crap.

www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
I liked the 714, not enough to keep using it though. I hated their poly white.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 10:25:32 PM »
Their LB sucks. Just throwing that out there. The five I got could not block crap.

Not an issue with the old 714 I had. In fact, it was its use on fleece (almost always 50/50) that sold me on the low viz.

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 01:36:11 AM »
I was checking out whites a few months ago and tried a gallon of the Legacy White, not sure of others experience but it was like concrete for me, almost imposible to stir to get it moving.  I actually sold about 4/5 of the gallon to another printer from the area that stopped in the shop.  I didn't want to takes the time to use the rest of the gallon.  Maybe I didn't give it a chance, but have found others I don't really like that I would order before I got more of the Legacy.

Offline Rob Coleman

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
Chubs - I wonder if you received a gallon that had been exposed to excessive heat and the product prematurely gelled?  Legacy White is one of Nazdar SourceOne's fastest growing white inks in sales this year, and I personally have not received any complaints.  Heat in transport or storage can negatively affect all plastisols -- specifically whites.

I am meeting this week with our IC representative, I will ask if he has had any complaints on Legacy that are outside the norm.
Rob Coleman | Vice President
Textile Business Unit | Nazdar SourceOne | sourceone.nazdar.com
(800) 677-4657 ext. 3708 | Cell (678) 230-4463
rcoleman@nazdar.com

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »
Rob,

Thanks for the reply, I may have to revisit it, and possibly look for a different supplier, know any good ones?  ;)

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:07:29 AM »
I've been using 711 White as my all-purpose white for about a year now. I typically add a little curable reducer to loosen it up just a little more, but it prints very well, mats down the fibers well and has good coverage. I started using it when looking for a phthalate-compliant white ink because I'm getting more kids stuff coming in. Most of my recent ink purchases have been IC inks, and a few QCM high-opacity inks that I've been using over the years now.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline spotcolorsupply

• !!!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »
Thanks for the input guys  ;D

Hope to have the first products on the site in mid November.