Author Topic: Kruzer?  (Read 19568 times)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
Kruzer?
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:25 AM »

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Kruzer?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:20:04 AM »
Anyone know any info on M&R's new entry level manual? http://www.mrprint.com/en/Textile%20Screen%20Printing%20Equipment/Manual%20Screen%20Printing%20Presses/Manual%20Screen%20Printing%20Presses/KRUZER%20Manual%20Screen%20Printing%20Press

How is it different from the sidewinder? Price point? Micros? etc
The Kruzer sells for $2,995.00 and comes with micro and side clamps and ONLY one model which is 6 color ,4 station. Press comes with the standard rubber coated solid aluminum pallets. The press is Tri-Loc compatible but cannot be purchased with air locks. The press is shipped disassembled with a video on how to assemble which should take 2-3 hours. If you want the machine assembled by M&R add $500.00 to the purchase price.
Rich Hoffman

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
That's a great price point!

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
are the micros tool-less? besides the 6/4 configuration, how is it different from the sidewinder?  I guess I'd like to know why it's half the cost.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
Looking at the pics on the site, I'm seeing:

the Sidewinder has an extra bracket/bar under the pallet which would probably give it a little extra strength (less flex)
More springs (4 as opposed to 2) which will probably allow for a bigger/heavier screen (it says it can take up to a 25"x36" as opposed to a max of 23"x31")
has off contact and screen angle adjust
is available, in both rear clamps or side clamps, and in configurations greater than 6/4
The Kruzer micros appear to be set up a little different
smaller foot print on the Kruzer.

So I'm guessing the Sidewinder is a beefier with better micros. Again, just a guess. But being made by M&R I would bet the Kruzer is of real good quality,

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
good points on the arm supports and the extra springs.  I would assume the kruzer has angle adjustment, it does say it has off contact adjustment, and without angle adjustment that would be kind of pointless.  Any advantage to the back clamps over side clamps?  I have always though side clamps were simply superior.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 04:42:48 PM »
took a 5 second (literally!) look at the Kruzer at the show and it looked like a very solid press! Definitely not a toy or anything you would buy if you are still curing shirts in the oven.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
That's a question I've been wondering lately (side clamp vs rear). My Vastex has rear clamps. I have an Anatol with side clamps that I've been "tuning up". It could just be what I'm used to, but I'm not seeing the advantage to the side clamps. Especially without air locks. I can see a nice advantage for name drops. I think I remember reading somewhere that the main advantage with side clamps was with older wooden screens. It's probably one of those things that whatever you are used to using, you like better.

I'd love to see one in person. I'm hoping to be adding an auto before the end of the year. If they are as nice as you would expect from M&R quality, I'd be very tempted to get rid of both my manuals and add that for small runs. I think it's the price tag that has me in amazement.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 05:36:04 PM »
are the micros tool-less? besides the 6/4 configuration, how is it different from the sidewinder?  I guess I'd like to know why it's half the cost.
Its not as beefy as the Sidewinder as it is maxed out at 23X31 where you can go a little bigger on the frames in the Sidewinder. The press is only made in one configuration as well which minimizes custom sizes and allows for mass production.. 
Rich Hoffman

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 05:36:42 PM »
Micro's are tool less.
Rich Hoffman

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 05:58:46 PM »
thanks for the info!

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 07:41:47 AM »
Rich gave me the $5 tour of this new entry level press with much more than entry level features.

Solidly built, new spring lift system that makes changing springs a breeze, and most importantly from my perspective total platen interchangeability with all M&R equipment.  When a shop buys this unit all the accessory platens they buy can be used on any future or past M&R purchase.

I see two great uses for this press, a large shop that wants to sit up a 'dedicated' press for oddball stuff, say printing zipper pocket locations on gear bags.  Or the more likely purchaser is a small shop with aspirations for growth, they can buy this unit and not have additional tooling that will not size up to the next level.

Set-up is almost brainless, nobody should have to pay the $500 assembly charge, if you can turn a wrench or change a tire you have the skill set necessary to assemble the press.

I applaud M&R for addressing this market as it is a hard sell, lots of customer service required for a relatively low ticket price which means low commission for the sales guy.  M&R is really addressing the future with the introduction of this unit.  Lots of industry leaders would walk away from this market as not worth their time, kudos to Rich and the entire M&R organization!

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »
I am definitely in the "small shop with aspirations for growth" category.  Currently it is basically me, though I have a partner (who has essentially become uninvolved) and I get help when needed on large and rush jobs from a few family and friends.  I am still using a 6/2 Silver Press, which I have modified in a number of ways as needed and have been making my own platens for all kinds of specialized stuff.  The rest of my shop has been upgraded around this press to the point that it is now the bottleneck (specifically when it comes to registering jobs, and to a lesser extent due to only having 2 stations).  I still put out great work, process and butt registration isnt an issue after it's registered, but sometimes it can be a slow process...

When you say the platens are interchangeable, does that mean I could buy quick release 16x22 platens from m&r that would be usable on an auto down the road?  I'm assuming triloc would be pointless with manually adjusted side clamps...

Does anyone have a link to a site that lists the available m&r platens and accessories.  All of the distributors I am finding through their site or through google don't actually list anything.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2013, 11:42:21 AM »
That's a question I've been wondering lately (side clamp vs rear). My Vastex has rear clamps. I have an Anatol with side clamps that I've been "tuning up". It could just be what I'm used to, but I'm not seeing the advantage to the side clamps. Especially without air locks. I can see a nice advantage for name drops. I think I remember reading somewhere that the main advantage with side clamps was with older wooden screens. It's probably one of those things that whatever you are used to using, you like better.

I'd love to see one in person. I'm hoping to be adding an auto before the end of the year. If they are as nice as you would expect from M&R quality, I'd be very tempted to get rid of both my manuals and add that for small runs. I think it's the price tag that has me in amazement.

For what it's worth Shane, I started with side clamps, used some rear clamps, and you're right, for wooden frames, the frame would eventually break down on the rear clamps. However, I wouldn't even consider a rear clamp machine anymore... maybe it's what I'm used to (I really don't pull a squeegee anymore) but all of our printers feel the same about it.

Steve

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
I am definitely in the "small shop with aspirations for growth" category.  Currently it is basically me, though I have a partner (who has essentially become uninvolved) and I get help when needed on large and rush jobs from a few family and friends.  I am still using a 6/2 Silver Press, which I have modified in a number of ways as needed and have been making my own platens for all kinds of specialized stuff.  The rest of my shop has been upgraded around this press to the point that it is now the bottleneck (specifically when it comes to registering jobs, and to a lesser extent due to only having 2 stations).  I still put out great work, process and butt registration isnt an issue after it's registered, but sometimes it can be a slow process...

When you say the platens are interchangeable, does that mean I could buy quick release 16x22 platens from m&r that would be usable on an auto down the road?  I'm assuming triloc would be pointless with manually adjusted side clamps...

Does anyone have a link to a site that lists the available m&r platens and accessories.  All of the distributors I am finding through their site or through google don't actually list anything.

the Kruzer is TriLoc compatible! A preregistration system is probably one of the best investments you can make in your shop.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!