Author Topic: ISS Classes  (Read 4680 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
ISS Classes
« on: October 29, 2013, 06:46:23 PM »
Looking for some input on classes at ISS Long Beach. I think I am going to bring two of my guys out this year and I wanted along with them, to take some classes. I think for them they probably don't really need any "running a business" classes, more technique and good habit classes I was thinking. I was already told anything by MR. Kitson is well worth it. I am up for any classes really(going to avoid the one by some goofball they have this year Pierre John Jamnicky  ;)) but seriously I am always up to learn something and never taken any of the ISS classes/lectures. Any suggestions?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: ISS Classes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:11 PM »
Man it looks like we may miss this again. I really wanted my wife to take the women in business class. With our 2 kids and us having no family here it is hard for us to do stuff like this.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:22 PM »
I used to just pay the $99 and take as many classes as possible.
ISS folks added some new classes in 2014 and I found several worth taking.

FOr your guys, even basic sim process class will provide value. CPSIA compliance will ensure they know what needs to be done with the garments for kids, color theory should be helpful too.
Johnny Shell has one on improving the printing process, Marshall has one on reusing and recycling. Terry's second class might be worth it too.

In the end, some of these are more of a management perspective classes, but it might help the employees see where you are coming from.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:49:14 AM »
The Master decorator 2.0 series is for beginners or those wanting to add processes to their existing shops. And we do have 12 new speakers this year as well as some veterans with new content. There's lots to learn for just $99 for the full-conference program!
Check out our conference schedule at http://www.issshows.com/long-beach/conference-schedule.shtml.
Let me know if you have any further questions!

Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows

Offline Admiral

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 10:53:30 AM »
The Master decorator 2.0 series is for beginners or those wanting to add processes to their existing shops. And we do have 12 new speakers this year as well as some veterans with new content. There's lots to learn for just $99 for the full-conference program!
Check out our conference schedule at http://www.issshows.com/long-beach/conference-schedule.shtml.
Let me know if you have any further questions!

Erin

http://www.issshows.com/long-beach/conference-schedule.shtml

link was broken

We have gone the last couple years without going to any of the classes, I will try to find a class or two for us to go to this year.

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 12:15:01 PM »
I'm so sorry the link didn't work, it looks like the one you posted, TCT, is working.
Again, if you have any questions, either PM me or my email is erin.cianciolo@emeraldexpo.com and my office number is 770-291-5486!
Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
for any ink geeks, it looks like Rick Davis is teaching two very interesting classes in Atlantic City. It looks like I will have to make the trip just to take those!

S03 Controlling the Variables in Screen Printing NEW!

S15 Understanding Plastisol Ink NEW!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Erin,

how come Rick's classes will not be taught in LB?

pierre

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 02:58:34 PM »
Rick Davis is good people and a great teacher. He's with Triangle these days. We go back.

Offline ISSTeam

• !!!
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »
Hey, Pierre,
We are trying to mix up the program this year with several new speakers (Confessions of a Serial Entrepeneur by Blue Moon?). They will all be debuting at different shows. We have to spread our new talent out to all the shows!
All of our conferences in 2014 will be great!
Erin
Erin Cianciolo
Senior Account Executive
ISS Shows

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 01:27:08 PM »
Hey, Pierre,
We are trying to mix up the program this year with several new speakers (Confessions of a Serial Entrepeneur by Blue Moon?). They will all be debuting at different shows. We have to spread our new talent out to all the shows!
All of our conferences in 2014 will be great!
Erin

so many classes so little time!
Do speakers get a discount on the other classes?

pierre

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

so many classes so little time!
Do speakers get a discount on the other classes?

pierre
[/quote]

Pierre,

Historically, speakers are granted complimentary admission to other presentations at the same event.  Keep in mind some of the speakers jealously guard their presentation content while others are more open minded.

See you at the show,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
You guys get paid for speaker engagements I hope! Plus travel, lodging?

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »
Screw the travel and lodging, I'd be worried about the bar bill ;D
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 03:44:42 PM »
Ahhh Dave, the memories. So one year in Charlotte I was running belt printers and autos for Precision.
That was a banner show. One of the techs was actually under the card table at the back of a dryer where they were selling shirts; sleeping it off. The next day some strange but awesomely hot chicks were at the booth welcoming and giving out shirts (ie Strippers from the night before)
At the Radisson they exhibited poor planning and assigned one waitress to our large group. She was awesome though and made like a thousand bucks. She was so grateful that she snuck up to my room the last night of the show(firing offense). And I was so grateful I snuck her into the last day of the show to rounds of applause (never was sure if that was for me or her)
Then there was the Printwear debacle where I was doing some seminars and spent all my time with two of the PW admins, a rather attractive blond and redhead (actually very attractive) and I was getting harassed for stealing the talent. The redhead eventually left PW and moved from Boulder to my home in Ft Myers and we were together for a few ys. Hence the beginning of a reputation that has long since faded away. Nowadays the shows just aren't nearly as fun.
But what a ride!