Author Topic: Can I save coreldraw x5 seps into a pdf?  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

Can I save coreldraw x5 seps into a pdf?
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:53:20 PM »
I have coreldraw x5 and i sep'ed a 5 color spot job....in order to print the seps on my oyo thermal imagesetter i need to habe the seps in a pdf...i can not print from coreldraw x5 software directly...i need to get each sep'ed color into ampdf document them i import that pdf into rip software for the image setter.

I dont see how to save the sep'ed files in coreldraw x5...or if it is at all possible?

Can someone please shed some light on this please?
Mark

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
Re: Can I save coreldraw x5 seps into a pdf?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »
Under file goto publish pdf.
Shane

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:35:58 PM »
Under file goto publish pdf.
Shane

That choice is not in the print preview section.
Mark

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
It should be under File towards the bottom.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
It should be under File towards the bottom.

It is not an option while in print preview.
Mark

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:47:20 PM »
Ah I see what you mean. Sorry I don't have an answer. The folks that do there seps manually will probably know. I use Simple Seps and it brings up the seps on the page and then you print. Maybe if you send me the file I can do that for you. You would have to save it back to x4 though.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:08:20 PM »
You may need to manually change each plate to black, and then use the Publish to PDF option

This may require selecting all unwanted color objects and making them white
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:45:48 PM »
Print option, No. You can do like frog says or copy and paste on separate pages for each color, then change the colors you don't want to white and the part you do as black. Are you using a Rip it should be able to take a spot/cmyk made design and separate the pdf as all color, I would think. My rip I just print to the rip and it does the rest til I say print the file.
Shane

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 06:14:02 AM »
 install a PDF writer like cutepdf (free) as a printer option.  I do this to send out PDFs of approvals and artwork. I would think it should work for your seps.

Roger
RT screen designs
Www.rtscreendesigns. Com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 07:25:18 AM »
Print option, No. You can do like frog says or copy and paste on separate pages for each color, then change the colors you don't want to white and the part you do as black. Are you using a Rip it should be able to take a spot/cmyk made design and separate the pdf as all color, I would think. My rip I just print to the rip and it does the rest til I say print the file.
Shane

I have T Rip with an Epson 3000...BUT....I ran out of ink and film and did not restock BECAUSE I recently landed Oyo Thermal Image Setter and have been using that to print my films.....BUT the seps I did print thus far were either professionally sep'ed for me and sent to me in PDF format...OR it was just a one color spot job and I was able to send to a PDF.

This job is the first one I sep'ed on my own (5 color spot job).....and once I sep'ed it in coreldraw x5 it hit me.."hey...how do I get this to the oyo????".....so then i started trying to figure out how to get the print preview seps to publish to a PDF.......and you can't do it it seems....so now im lost hahah.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:32:28 AM by Mark @ Hurricane Printing »
Mark

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 07:55:49 AM »
Publish to PDF is not in the print options. It is its own option under file. Like Frog said simply sep each color to a seperate page and then go to "File" and select publish to PDF.
"No man is an island"

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 11:29:26 AM »
OK can the rip for the oyo separate the file (the combined colro file) as pdf into 5 color spot thru the rip. Try it. I would think it could.
Shane

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 11:45:22 AM »
OK can the rip for the oyo separate the file (the combined colro file) as pdf into 5 color spot thru the rip. Try it. I would think it could.
Shane

to be honest, I have not had it long and do not know all the ins and outs of it....since ive had it (a few months) all the seps I printed out of it were sent to me in PDF format...so I know that process of printing from the PDF...as far as taking an actual file and sending it thru, I have no clue....just never had the time to sit and investigate it...the tech guys from Oyo (now called Exile) are very helpful...I have emailed them asking how to do this..and plan on calling them one day.
Mark

Offline sweetts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication DUH
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
If you download cutepdf it installs as a printer you would select print and then select the PDF writer as your printer. I find it works well and often times use it instead of exporting

Roger
RT screen designs
Www.rtscreendesigns. Com
RT Screen Designs
Willowick Ohio
www.rtscreendesigns.com