Author Topic: NEED A CLIP TAKE A CLIP - HAVE A CLIP LEAVE A CLIP  (Read 3464 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
NEED A CLIP TAKE A CLIP - HAVE A CLIP LEAVE A CLIP
« on: November 12, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
These days when I go into a convenience store or mom and pop there is a small collection of pennies on the counter usually with the phrase
NEED A PENNY TAKE A PENNY HAVE A PENNY LEAVE A PENNY.
To that element of social sharing I thought it might be nice if we all thought of sharing the pennies of our own art work.
Nothing fancy just interesting elements from the jobs we do every day that others could take and add to the art stash.

To that end I would like to start NAC-LAC ( NEED A CLIP = LEAVE A CLIP)
you know kinda like
Aflac
  but without the duck.

I recently had to redraw a dart and dart board for a job, this is my work and if you like it you may NAC it .

If you have similar someday stop back and LAC it.

Maybe we could even have a NAC-LAC category.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: NEED A CLIP TAKE A CLIP - HAVE A CLIP LEAVE A CLIP
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
You see how lame I am on art work here is a better file (I hope) of the dart & board

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 09:14:57 AM »
Sounds great!  I would not be protecting my business partners, nor members, if I didn't say this of course. I know you did take the steps to say it was your art that you created. We just need to make sure everyone is aware (at all times) in each post/submission, that the art posted belongs (paid for entire ownership) with full and complete rights to you (or), that it was created (by you) entirely.

No part of the art may contain clip art (elements) from other sources that you did not create. No art may be of a purchased clip art package. To explain to some who might not know, (clip art that you purchase) does not grant you full and complete rights as each will say, that it is royalty free, but purchasing clip art, does not make it yours to do (anything) you like specifically, such as "give it away".

Thats a non legal description, but you all get the picture. We will at no time, be responsible for any files uploaded that may fall into question and results in any financial or product loss.

Mooseman,  I give my apologies if I sound cold but it's never intended to be. Just part of the process. This is a good idea.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:41:02 AM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 11:18:39 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, but brandsoftheworld already has this right?

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, but brandsoftheworld already has this right?

Darryl

No,  let's not confuse what he's suggesting here with "Corporate logos" and clip art. Those are things that someone else owns.  What Mooseman is referring to, can only be art that is created by you ( the contributor). As in the original creator and owner of the art.

To make matters more complicated, if you as a printer, hire a freelancer to create something for an order, that is not considered "you owning the art".  It can be, if you have had that artist agree to providing full and complete rights for the agreed amount. Most art buyers for custom orders don't ask for this as it can lead to an increase in the cost of the art.  Logo creation and retail "line design" buyrs should always be asking for full and complete right. With that, you should expect to pay a higher price for art, but that comes with the territory for line designs anyway.

Sorry Mooseman. Didn't mean to make this into something bigger than it should be but we do need to clarify.  This is why some other forums don't even bother with allowing art to be uploaded. It can get complicated.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:00 PM »
Hey Dan,
no problems here I can dig it and knew this issue would come up. The art I supplied was created with a million painful clicks of my mouse and I suppose someone could find a dart board like the one I created but I actually drew every freaking pie piece (once) in there and lined it all up and added circles. The dart started as  an abstract pencil sketch from somewhere but I must confess I most likely got a five finger discount on the shamrocks ;) 

At the end of he day this stuff has moose antler scrapings all over it the DNA is all mine and I freely offer it for commercial and private use with no strings attached.
moose-on-the-loose

Offline dlac

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »
I draw and vector a lot of stuff.. but it does not just happen to pop into my head, it comes from somewhere... I had a graphic design instructor who held a special class on Creativity... back when we still had Blackboards... On the board in big letters he wrote "HIDE YOUR SOURCE" so when we create and call it our own because we drew it. maybe, just maybe, some of it will look like someone elses art.. I did a barrel racer for a customer and used art that I created about 1994, the customer says I am not paying you for clip art.. Obviously I said clip art?  He said ya you can find that on the web here... gave me an address.. after conversing they admitted they had pulled if from a shirt and took it down.. so bottom line I have lot of art but never did a mooseman quite post in that file sharing thing sneaks up on you constantly.. and I think frog already got after me once for posting a similar post about swapping art with fellow board members..? But if it is ok with the forum and ok with Mooseman I might contribute..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:23:11 PM »
Ya simply have to make sure (ALL parts of what you submit are yours).  If there is any question, like maybe you can't remember since it was 20 years ago, then I'd not submit.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:29:18 PM by Dottonedan »

Offline dlac

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:45 AM »
Are you saying I have been doing this too long and my memory is failing me?  Do you have any nice vector things you can let me have.. If I promise not to use them.. I drew this attachment for a big company in 1996 but cannot remember who?  Can you fill me in..  I obviously would never use it or sell it because I cannot remember where it came from.. Senility is hell..
dlac
Rastor to Vector is my favorite.. disastor is my
specialty and Dots make me crazy...

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
That was a Mickey Mouse example
mooseman

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 01:44:27 PM »
Ok once again, a brother on the boards sent me some jaws of life a couple of years ago...sorry brother don't remember who.
I have been wanting to return the favor so will try that here. This is a complete redraw, I have ALL the structure elements of this image so it is purely my re-draw and now offered here for anyone who would like it for commercial or private use.
regards
mooseman

Offline theMadArtist

• Creativity Makes the Difference!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 06:06:48 PM »
I'm game- BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, there appears to be a near-infinite number of thongs people need drawn.
The standard things are on clipart sites.

So- if your concept will work; the more contributors are needed!

Custom Art done FAST! And within your Budget...
theMadArtist.org
(253)652-4443

themadartist@live.com