Author Topic: Well isn't this just peachy  (Read 2794 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Well isn't this just peachy
« on: December 04, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Not that anyone cares but I have to vent!
So I am about 1hr20min into what is bound to be a 2hr drive into work today. Freeway speeds are around 0-15mph sometimes hitting 25mph. I have the urge to punch the next person that says "the snow is beautiful".
The long drives happen here in MN during winter, but this one is special. My 2ry old is in the back seat repeating "dad play 'save a horse' again?!" So as Big and Rich come across the truck stereo for the 27th time informing me to "save a horse ride a cowboy" I now hear from the back seat " daddy, me need potty".

This would all be only marginally frustrating typically, but oh no this is extra special... I needed to get into work extra early this week to play catch up. Our head printer has been M.I.A. since Friday. No calls, no texts, no emails, and no responses from our attempts. It gets good here, last Wednesday I bought his airline tickets and hotel room for ISS Long Beach. Let's add the fact that in 10 days I leave for a trip out of the country and he was the only one I could have fully in charge!

I am thinking this is karma from my high school days:-
Don't get me wrong guys, I know it could be much worse, thankfully the family is healthy and all, but I just needed to vent!!!!

Oh, and yes I typed this while behind the wheel, but don't worry traffic has been at a dead stop!>:(
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Parker 1

Re: Well isn't this just peachy
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:45:30 AM »
I thought my 20min. drive to work with my 1 and 2 year old was long.  Thanks for making me laugh this morning  :)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:10 AM »
Obviously, the small size of my business does not fit into the plans of most of you, but, with my building on my residential premises and a "home based" business, even my former 5 mile commute seems tedious.

Hell, some mornings I go fire up the dryer (or the heat press this morning), in my skivvies, lol!.
btw, at 28 degrees, that can be an adventure as well! We just started a cold snap and will see a dusting on the mountain within a couple of days.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
Do a quick arrest search. Maybe your printer got locked up for a dui or something.
I hope it gets better soon!
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Croft

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »
I spilled my coffee walking out to my shop this morning :) even when its snowy here my commutes no longer.   
   I feel your pain for the pee brake on the road , luckily my forth is just getting to the point when that only happens sometimes. :D

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:08 AM »
WOW! Things just keep looking brighter!!!! So I finally come to the shop, turn the corner and what do I see??? Well a jolly young neighborhood youth defacing my building. Forget the fact it is frickin' 10:15am and plenty bright out, forget the semi-busy street 13' behind him. He is in plane view "warming" the exterior of my building with his valuable bodily fluids. :o Scroll past the pic below if you are about to drink your coffee....

Really?! I don't even want to know what my day is going to be like come lunch time!

Parker1 If there is NO traffic and I don't have my son, and I push about 70 the whole way here I can make it in a wink over 30min. Typical is about 40ish. I HATE the city and don't think I could ever move back to it. Too Many stupid people too close together. I live out a bit, chances are we are stupider as a whole, but at least we are spread farther apart! :D
I usually LOVE bringing my son in to drop off at grandmas, the things he says and stuff he picks out make my day.

Frog I had contemplated what you got going on at home. I was going to put up a pole barn and print from home, have lunch with my neighbor because thats what he does! But the thought of maybe having employees coming to my house I didn't like. I also knew I would never be able to really leave work then. Not that is is any different now, checking this darn forum all the time from my phone my wife calls it work! ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 12:19:37 PM »
Big deal, my 3-minute drive to the shop was an arctic 66 degrees this morning..... ;D ;)
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
Snow 4-6" here today.
My wife finally agreed to have "someone else" plow our parking lot!
Best thing not having to plow home and our building.  ;D

We started on our property many years ago, and just grew to need space.
Home was a walk to the garage like Frog, but I've created this monster after
moving out of the big city to... wait for it....Slow down. Yeah right ha,ha
Busiest time of my life, but nice problem to have.

Let it snow.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 01:42:12 PM »
Well at least you had a nice unsmell drive, it only takes us about 15 minutes to get to our shop from home and well we live kinda out in the woods (countryside to you that don't know) a dam rat has crawled into my car in the dash of all places and died at least that's what it smells like, now drive with that smell, wife just came back from the store with everything to mask the scent until I can get in there and find it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 01:44:32 PM »
Well at least you had a nice unsmell drive, it only takes us about 15 minutes to get to our shop from home and well we live kinda out in the woods (countryside to you that don't know) a dam rat has crawled into my car in the dash of all places and died at least that's what it smells like, now drive with that smell, wife just came back from the store with everything to mask the scent until I can get in there and find it.

Darryl

Will a cat work?  ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
...me and my big mouth..
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline Audifox

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »
Big deal, my 3-minute drive to the shop was an arctic 66 degrees this morning..... ;D ;)
Our 3 minute drive was in -20 F this morning, and is supposed to be for the rest of the week.......... :-X

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
68 and foggy here.  My commute is all of 5 miles the fast way and 4 miles the slow way.  With road construction on both routes now, it takes about 15 minutes to get to the shop.  If we got any snow or ice accumulation here the whole highway system would be on lock down because nobody knows how to drive in it.  I'll be fine with 4x4 and common sense but most would lose their minds and they already get goofy when there is only water on the roads.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:46:25 PM »
This isn't happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not like that box was important or anything, just the remaining 30 or whatever shirts for a rush job being picked up tonight! ALL the other UPS came in just fine though.... Seriously, who did I piss off to have a day like this???
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Yeah we're getting those delays too. Sanmar's distro is over the Sierra's. Our shipments have to cross the famed Donner Pass.
I wonder if the packages have resorted to eating eachother at this point...