Author Topic: 3-D Printers  (Read 1437 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
3-D Printers
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:55:33 AM »
I don;t know to much about them, but a Chinese Company is coming to our city to make and sell them here the company is Nanjing Zijin-Lead Electronics.  Like I said I don't know to much about the 3D printers but it's going to bring another manufacturer to our city and about 50 to 100 new jobs.   Don't really know if this is a good thing or bad thing in the long run with more chinese companies coming in, but a job is a job and that's something this area really needs.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: 3-D Printers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 11:50:44 AM »

Hard to identify what they mean by 3D printer until you get the details.

If it's a 3D printer that I am aware of, then it's a pretty cool process. Very cool. It doesn't technically (print) per say, but more so sculpts or builds the item using lasers eating away at a hard material. Take any drawing in a 3D program and it builds the item (like sculptures) and good for multiple Display fabrications where you need 6 or 40 of the same item for example. Make one in 3D and you can can mass produce them. The process (per item) probably was about a 30-60 minute process when Disney had purchased one back in 2008. It was very new technology then but I'm sure they have sped up the process now. Still tho, very expensive to do.

This is one, http://www.3dcutting.com/  but the one I saw, sort of sand blasted the item into form.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 12:25:35 PM »
Probably these:

Amazing 3D Printer
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 04:19:05 PM »
Tip your right that is what they make, gonna have to check them out when they here and setup...that's some cool sh!t!!!

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 05:26:33 PM »
The gubmint is freaking out over the potential for making firearms with these. There's a college kid in Texas who has made a magazine for an AR, and is working on a receiver, last I read. Something they can't control.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
The gubmint is freaking out over the potential for making firearms with these. There's a college kid in Texas who has made a magazine for an AR, and is working on a receiver, last I read. Something they can't control.

there is actually a version that creates metal parts and a 1911 replica has been made and fired.
World's First 3D Printed Metal Gun

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 10:06:24 PM »

there is actually a version that creates metal parts and a 1911 replica has been made and fired.
pierre