Author Topic: Sprint 2000 Maintenance/spare parts  (Read 3204 times)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
Sprint 2000 Maintenance/spare parts
« on: December 15, 2013, 06:43:05 PM »
Hey Sprint 2000 owners:
  • What items might one expect to replace on a used 7yo Sprint 2000, standard model?
  • What do you keep for spares on hand?
  • Any good things to know for installation?

I'm new to gas and though I now understand forced air dryers very well from working on our TexAir, I do not have a well rounded knowledge of modern industrial gas burners and their general upkeep needs.  I know that some dryers also have known to fail assemblies, particularly those that pass through hot areas.  Goal is to run superb PM, be fully strapped with all or most needed spares and never go down for more than the hour or two it takes to pop in a spare part. 

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Sprint 2000 Maintenance/spare parts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »
get a flame rod and spark plug, easy to change and will be necessary at some point.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
Don't forget the belt for the blower. Lube at least once a week when running cold, not hot. Monday morning is good for that. Lube slow, otherwise you risk the chance of blowing the bearings. And if installing yourself don't forget the inside screws!

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 03:22:58 PM »
Brando.
How was your visitor yesterday? Was he able to make it with the weather they had in Chicago?
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 04:40:26 PM »
Brando.
How was your visitor yesterday? Was he able to make it with the weather they had in Chicago?

Hey Rich,
It was fun and informative as always when dealing with M&R. He made it right on time and then so did everyone else. They for sure had some great weather for fishing today!

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 04:53:34 PM »
Glad to hear. Have a great Holiday if we don't talk.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »
Zoo. One very important item you will want to schedule regularly is to remove the side cover on the Blower side every couple of months and vacuum it out on heavy product times. With all the airborne spray tac, lint and dust, it can accumulate there quickly and build up. Also, keep the areas around the air intakes open and as clean as possible.
Rich Nesladek

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »
You guys rule, thanks for all the input.  Cleaning for sure is never overlooked here!....although it can be tough to fit all the PM in at the end of a long week, a few cold ones usually help with that.  We need 100% of that airflow for what we put our dryer through so we actually change filters and do a quick vacuum weekly here.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:58 PM »
The blower bearings I have always done when it was hot in the middle of the day.  Cold is better though? The manual only mentioned when it's running.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
The blower bearings I have always done when it was hot in the middle of the day.  Cold is better though? The manual only mentioned when it's running.
you can grease our bearings anytime but when the bearings and cold they accept the grease better..
Rich Hoffman