Author Topic: Newman panel mesh  (Read 7056 times)

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Newman panel mesh
« on: January 12, 2014, 09:45:54 PM »
We bought recently some Newman flash panels for or 23x31 frames. The panels are marked as 23x31 but don`t fit. Too short. Can someone who uses the same size of panels please give the the dimensions of them so I can complain by showing the vendor the difference in size.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:04:09 PM by Rockers »

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Newman panel frames
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 10:12:57 PM »
Well here we go they  are M3 panels but were sold to us as compatible with MZX frames of the same size. As a matter of fact the vendors webpage states that M3 panels are compatible with MZX frames of the same size. Now I figured out that the M3 and MX frames have different frame tube diameters so of course the M3 panels will be too short. Wish I had thought about it before we bought them. But still as the vendor confirmed before we made the purchase that they will fit I should be able to get replacements for the MZX frames.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 10:37:33 PM »
Seems a bit odd to me as most nearly every screen in my shop is a 23x31 mzx and over 80% of those have newman "m3 flash" panels in them. We've never had any issues like your describing and we've installed over 300 flash panels. What are the dimensions of your panels and I will compare to one of ours. The difference in roller diameter between the m3 and mzx ive never seen matter with panels as we've used "m3" panels on our mzx frames from almost all manf. Your panels might have just been manf. wrong.

Danny
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 10:44:36 PM by DannyGruninger »
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »
Thanks. Well they measure 72 cm , which is  28.34 inches from end to end of the locking bars.

Offline sben763

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »
Then they are most likely for the 23x28 MZX frame.  Does one end have a longer locking strip. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »
Way back in the day when I didn't have a clue about mzx and m3's I bought mzx panels and used them in m3 roller frames.  I've used the panels quite a bit over the years and have never had one not fit.  The newman panels I bought a while back were the 102N and at that time were only supposed to be dyed mesh and white 102 supposedly didn't exist but my panels were white.  And 3 of the 4 busted on the first retension about 10 newtons shy of max, so I've never bought any more newman panels.  The one that didn't bust survived only because I never retensioned it.  So I've got a 102N in production that is at about 25 newtons and it isn't good for much but I am not about to bust one.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 05:12:08 PM »
So I went and measured one of our panels and they are right around 28.5" long so I assume these are the same exact size you have. I really cannot wrap my head around why they won't work since they are within that spec. We just stretched up 12 new mzx frames today with newman flash panels. Something seems odd..... LOL, wish I could help figure it out as this is making me scratch my head!

Danny Gruninger

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:48 PM »
MZX and M3 Panels are different sizes

The supplier should NOT be telling people they work in both frames.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »
Bar lengths are different. I found that out the hard way.
MZX panel will no fit on M3.
Not sure about the other way around but doubt it.

Shane

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:55 PM »
Bar lengths are different. I found that out the hard way.
MZX panel will no fit on M3.
Not sure about the other way around but doubt it.

Shane

I screwed up and bought MZX panels and they went right in the M3's and they are all still in production.  Unless my supplier has them labeled wrong on their website and the invoices were all wrong and they actually sent M3 panels, then they worked on about 40 M3 frames.  The majority of them went on the older style M3's, first generation with the narrow roller nuts, but still same size roller. I'm 98% sure that they are even stamped MZX in the corner.  Will someone check their panels and see if they stamp them?  I'm sure ours have worn off by now but I seem to remember that.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 06:51:15 PM »
MZX and M3 Panels are different sizes

The supplier should NOT be telling people they work in both frames.
That`s my thought too. Due to the difference in tube diameter there will be more distance from channel to channel on the MZX compared to the M3 frames. I measured it and it`s over 1 cm difference between both frame types. Accordingly the panels would have to be at least 1 cm longer too. And as a matter of fact I found our last M3 frame that still got a flash panel on it and took it off. So that panel is almost 2 cm longer unless that is caused by the stretching of the mesh;) Anyway, I`ve emailed the guys at Newman to see what they have to say about it. Will be back once I got a reply.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »
Attached is photo of one of our panels..... I do not even own an m3 frame, as 100% of my frames are mzx..... These are the panels that we run with out mzx frames which have an "m3" stamped in the corner of them.... I have over 250 screens in circulation right now and almost every one has one of those "m3" panels in it....... Seems crazy that I have used m3 panels this entire time with no issues ever......

Danny Gruninger

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 07:53:09 PM »
Well honestly I do not understand it either. But I can pull on the panel as much as I like it will not reach the opposite end of the frame to lock it in. It`s just too short.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:57 PM »
Now checked the Shur-loc website to see if they offer different panels for M3 and MZX frames and they do indeed. I would be very surprised if they would do that just for fun without their being a proper reason for it.
Anyway here are 2 photos of me trying to install those panels.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:49 PM »
Now we have received replacement panels from our Vendor in the States, I have to say very good service as they have send them by UPS 2 day service. Anyway the new panels still don`t fit our MZX frames which are 23x31, so the same size as our M3 frames. Now I spoke as well to my contact at Stretchdevices and they confirmed that the M3 panels should fit the MZX frames. Now I`m stuck with all those panels and still have no clue why they don`t fit. They fit in our M3 frames. unless the MZX frames are manufactured wrong I can`t see what the problem is.