Author Topic: Street fighter white....  (Read 3302 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Street fighter white....
« on: January 13, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Just got in a sample can and about to try it out, I know lots of you have said it was a pretty nice white to print with.  I've been using WM plastic white bright for so long it's kinda hard to change, but if this prints good I might add it to my white ink supply.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Street fighter white....
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 02:11:54 PM »
I like it, used it over a year now.

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:12:54 PM »
I'd be interested in hearing what you think of the differences, been running the WM for a few years and I like it, but it's certainly not perfect.

Offline DCSP John

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:37:47 PM »
Darryl.

We have been using Street Fighter Cotton for a fews years now.
Straight out of the bucket nice and creamy, ok flood.

The ink is priced right, and does a good job.

However, this ink becomes a serious squeegee climber. Likes to get nice and thick, and nice
floods will be a thing of the past. Provides a nice opaque white, which is why we continue to use it,
 but by far the gnarliest squeegee climbing ink we have ever experienced. 

John

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 03:09:56 PM »
We just run a couple doz G2000 and it looks good, but I had to make 3 trips around to get what I wanted, printing thru a 137 mesh maybe about 15 to 16 n not really a good tight mesh to test with.  I will say this, I eased up on the squeegee pressure and it printed much better and even with the 3 prints its still not a heavy hand,  I will have to test some more to really get the hang of this ink and use it as an underbase with correct tension screens.

Darryl

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
In my opinion SF2 kind of sucks. I do not like the opacity or its lack of ability to matte down the fibers compared to our current white.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 06:14:58 PM »
It's probably one of the best budget whites I've ever used, but I prefer the miami smooth and superior.  The last few batches I got of the SF weren't as good as previous versions and like Blue said, I think the opacity and matte down were below average the last time I used it.  I think no matter how hard manufacturers try to keep their ink fresh, it can all be for naught if the supplier doesn't do their part.  I'm convinced that 99% of the ink that we complain about was within spec when it left the plant, and someone else dropped the ball.  Especially those places who poor down from drums to fill smaller containers...I doubt they stir the heck out of the ink before they poor down and the new inks begin separate within a day or two so you may get pure junk if the supplier is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 06:32:18 PM »
I tell you for me after trying about 7 different whites wilflex epic white comes in 1st place.  It has been the easiest one to work with for me.  It floods well even during the cold months and has great opacity.  I've been using it for about 1 year now. 

I know that doesn't help you with streetfighter white but I just had to throw that out there.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 06:42:08 PM »
I tell you for me after trying about 7 different whites wilflex epic white comes in 1st place.  It has been the easiest one to work with for me.  It floods well even during the cold months and has great opacity.  I've been using it for about 1 year now. 

I know that doesn't help you with streetfighter white but I just had to throw that out there.

This right here... we use Epic Performance white on most of our 'white' jobs... and it works great.  Doesn't climb squeegees, flashes nearly instantly, cures at a lower temperature, works on nearly everything we need.

more expensive than anything else, but since we don't have to play with it, and it's more consistent, I'm happy.

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else is 'mystery' and 'magic'...

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 12:09:33 PM »

This right here... we use Epic Performance white on most of our 'white' jobs... and it works great.  Doesn't climb squeegees, flashes nearly instantly, cures at a lower temperature, works on nearly everything we need.

more expensive than anything else, but since we don't have to play with it, and it's more consistent, I'm happy.

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else is 'mystery' and 'magic'...

Could not agree more. Most of the time budget price equals budget results which in turn cost more than just buying the good stuff up front.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 12:52:52 PM »
Well turns out I was not impressed with the Street Fighter white, just not enough difference to move from WM plastics Bright White.

Darryl