Author Topic: Wilflex Oasis?  (Read 1066 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Wilflex Oasis?
« on: February 03, 2014, 10:27:01 AM »
A board member brought this up on a PM. Looks likw Wilflex has re-released the Oasis line. This is interesting as the original Oasis was re-packaged Magna from Europe if memory serves me correctly. By the looks of it it looks at least similar to but not exactly the same as the old line. PCs, bases, and whites,. with the addition of additives like penetrant, softeners and the like. The problem with Magna/Wilflex was primarily an availability issue.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: Wilflex Oasis?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:54:27 AM »
I know that at ISS Longbeach when I visited with Wilflex, I asked about waterbase and discharge.  Their response was to start talking about their Hydrate line, which is their High Solids Waterbase. They pushed that with a Plascharge underbase.  Wilflex likes the Plascharge in place of standard discharge because it gives a softer hand (no binders in Plascharge, results in no feel when cured).

Makes me curious.... more stuff I want to play with.

The prints they showed in their booth with the Oasis looked like good waterbase prints to me.  I don't know how it runs though.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:59:49 AM »
Tony, contact Rob Coleman at Nazdar, he has a nice set of info on the new Oasis.  It's not made by Magna anymore (Nazdar is carrying both).  They do have an HSA line that's spendy but, knowing WFX, may be worth it.  The Oasis PCs work across a standard WB, DC base and the HSA I believe.  It doesn't seem like they are promoting it too much but they are available.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
I have all the tech data sheets already. No interest here as we have over 100 hybrid formulas. I'm sure its a good product though.