Author Topic: What you say here?  (Read 1590 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
What you say here?
« on: May 15, 2014, 04:44:08 PM »
Had this customer call me after they picked up there order yesterday and tell me they where misprinted (left chest one color print on polo's)  OK I say bring all the misprints in and let us look at them, this morning they bring them in all of them and want a total refund, here is the catch there is no misprints, the lady tells us her boss measured every shirt and the logo was not in the exact same place on every shirt, now mine you he has s-m-xl-2x well I sent them back to him without a refund.  If you got a certain height you want your logo you need to let me know during the proofing or I'm going to place it like I always placed a left chest logo.

Darryl
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:08:47 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
Re: What you say here?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:59:19 PM »
If they didn't want you to reprint them in the "right" place there is something fishy going on. I have reprinted jobs like this just because they were good customers. If this is a new customer there is something else going on. I have only had a few people ask for full refunds. Most of the time they messed up something. One ordered all the wrong sizes. Didn't want to get in trouble with the boss so thought they would get a refund from me and order from someone else. Another had an event planned and it was canceled. The last one went to an event to sell shirts and didn't sell many. They called me on Monday and said the print was wrong and needed to bring about 75% of the shirts back in for a refund. Funny how that same guy told me how much money he was going to make off this sick print just days ago.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:19:23 PM by Jon »

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
that is just freaking strange.  sounds like their expectations were unrealistic.  Probably also wanted a different size logo for each size shirt.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »
If you can look yourself in the mirror and know the print locations are normal for the industry then the shirts are good and the money is yours let them bitch and find another printer that will suffer the same crap they are giving you on the next job.
You don't need this kind of heat for who knows what reason the customer really has? Besides a boss who has the time to MEASURE EVERT SHIRT will never be happy with his / her employees and any shirts you print them. Unless you are desperate for income why put yourself in jeopardy like this.

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Homer

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 07:46:53 AM »
I think-  she wasn't authorized to order and she's giving you a line of bs because she caught hell from her boss for spending "so much money on a damn shirt".....people will LIE to you straight to your face and not even blink....but you're right, something isn't right here. IF her boss really did measure each shirt, there are a few things wrong. first -he needs to get laid. second - business must be SLOW and they need to go out marketing instead of measuring a friggen logo. and third, do you want to retain a customer that goes to these extremes? I know there is a tolerance and big box stores check/reject but come on, this is just too fishy...they were hunting for a refund.

OR - OR...D, my man.......you just plain suck ;D
...keep doing what you're doing, you'll only get what you've got...

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:10:23 AM »
I once had a customer that said all his print were off by a 1/8" & he demanded a refund or a reprint. So I reprint them taking a measurement on every shirt. In the end he still had complaints about placement. Needles to say we don't print for this customer any more & I hope he found a printer to his likening. 

Murphy37

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »
The embroiderer I work with had a job I had to pass on 'cause I was too busy. She had another printer do it, then called me to say I should be glad I didn't do it. The customer came in and started bitching that the logo was as much as 1/4" off between shirts. He refused the order. She called the printer and he explained the process to the customer who proceeded to tell the printer he knew how the shirts were printed. Anyway, he "settled" for a discount, which I think is what he wanted to begin with.

I asked the embroiderer, "Was the customer an engineer?" Yup. I told her in my ad agency past those bastards would insist on designing business cards with lines parallel to the trim, then stand there and go through the box looking for any irregularity. I told her don't take anythig from an engineering company.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 09:56:46 AM »
We get the shady customer fairly often around here.  They always seem to have missing shirts even though the order was counted 3 times by 3 different people they claim we didn't get them their 3 larges or whatever the size may be.  They either forgot to order that many of a certain size or some fatty thinks they are an XL when they are really a 3XL and they think of a  way to make up for their mistake.  Or someone in the company has taken shirts out of the box when they weren't supposed to, that's another one we have to deal with.  Then the ones that order shirts for an event and they don't sell any will claim there was something wrong with the print.  It's usually some underling that screwed up and they don't want to look bad in front of their boss and they try to get over on us.  The really crappy part about it all is we really don't have a way to prove their lying and we usually have to eat it and reprint a couple shirts.  So many times I want to tell them exactly what happened so I could see the look on their face when I bust them with their little scheme but I have yet to muster the sack to do it. 

Most recently a customer emailed a reprint job and the sales person did everything right and I looked back through all the emails and there was never any mention of taking a small portion of the text off on the new order and it was a simple reprint/reorder from a previous job for a daycare.  Of course they don't accept the shirts and tell us why then they asked for us to reprint it "the right way" this time and we refused to do it with us incurring all the costs.  We even offered the bad shirts at lower than our cost then the new shirts would be for the agreed upon price in the beginning and they said no way, we screwed up not them and they would find a new printer.  2 months later guess who calls?  That lady's boss asking what our side of the story was and we forwarded her all the email correspondence and long story even longer is they took the old shirts at our cost (slightly above actually :)) and the new logo shirts at full price and they made things right after all that. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
I have to inject something here about my method of positioning on polo shirts as sizes vary.
Though on T's, I move both down and sideways by 1/4" increments as sizes increase or decrease, on polos, I use a constant vertical position in relation to the placket. For most of my polos, I use something like the Jerzees J100, and most prints line up with the bottom of the placket. With some styles, the placket is considerably longer, and another reference point, like a specific button is used.
Nonetheless, the length of the placket generally changes with the size of the shirt, so my vertical alignment changes for sizes are varied automatically.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 10:40:34 AM »
Had a guy like this a year or so ago.  Measured each print, the greatest one he could find was off 1/8th, but he's opinion was basically none were exactly correct.  It old him that's a bit unrealistic.  He happened to be the son of the person that rents the back of our warehouse so I told him hey keep them and Ill refund you, but you will be back.  Sure enough he tried 2 other local printers and they were way way off.  He came back for a new job, I told him no thanks, he was shocked at that. I told him best wishes and ignored his next request. 

We are lucky enough we don't have to work for people like that. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »
My wife can eyeball a print off in a heart beat and she lets me know in a hurry, funny thing is the lady that came in said she tried to him the shirts are fine, as she used to work at a screen print shop.  she was nice and said she was just doing what her boss told her to do, which we told her we have no problem with her doing, but once you take these shirts back tell him if he has a problem call us or come in himself (no call or seen him yet) which I don't think we will, we only print for this company every two to three years and he can take his biz to someone else for all we care.  I hate bending over and takin it from a customer that lies or trying to get over on us when we know we are right, you have to stand your ground at some time or you will get more pita customers like that because they have been told by others hey they are easy to get over on.  If I make a mistake and don't catch it before it goes out the door all you have to do is bring it back in and I'll make it right at my cost just that simple, but I 'm not going to let anyone rip me off no more than they want to be ripped off.

Darryl
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 02:01:01 PM by 3Deep »
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 01:00:02 PM »
Had a guy like this a year or so ago.  Measured each print, the greatest one he could find was off 1/8th, but he's opinion was basically none were exactly correct.  It old him that's a bit unrealistic.  He happened to be the son of the person that rents the back of our warehouse so I told him hey keep them and Ill refund you, but you will be back.  Sure enough he tried 2 other local printers and they were way way off.  He came back for a new job, I told him no thanks, he was shocked at that. I told him best wishes and ignored his next request. 

We are lucky enough we don't have to work for people like that.

That is how I handle these people also. I think its the way things are now days. If they can't get a deal they will make you give them a deal. The thing they are not used to is people like us that will only let a customer screw us once.

I went to McDonald one morning and the drive though was taking for ever. The lady in front of me was waiting at the pay widow for like 10 mins. Then I noticed she didn't pay. Then she sat at the food window for about 10 mins. I was not in a hurry so I was calm and just wondering what was going on. The employee came to the window and said something and then she bolted. I had to know so I asked the guy that gave me my food what was with her. He said that she ordered over $20 in food and then when she got to the pay window said she was not paying because last time they burn one of her bun's on her sandwich. She said she was going to hold up the to go line until she got her food. Then they told her they called the cops. She took off. People like this make me sick. What happened to pride and respect in this country.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 01:18:36 PM »
Had a band manager pull this crap. He managed three bands and sat in his empty apartment with a tape measure and bitched us out with every order. Constantly had to reprint. Finally I asked the sales rep where the returns were. "We gave him discounts" Fishy. After some detective work it was discovered he was selling them on the side to support his drug habit. Sigh.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 09:11:33 AM »
i guess you have a ton of time to do that when you substitute crack for sleep.