Author Topic: Shopworx, sell me on it  (Read 5088 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
Shopworx, sell me on it
« on: June 17, 2014, 12:48:54 AM »
Tell me how it's worth the amount of money we are going to drop on it
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Shopworx, sell me on it
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »
I have been trying to look into it more also(mainly nail down a solid price) but they haven't answered their phone for the last week and a half. Or they are avoiding my call;) The message says they are at the NBM show, but I thought there would still be someone at the office.

Eric, you have any price figures from them?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »
i just got some, but it took about two weeks to get some info from them
Night Owls

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 09:30:12 AM »
While this may be pure coincidence, no less than 1 hr. after my post I got a call from Shopworx returning my call!

Just in case - I have also been waiting for more than a few weeks to hit the correct Powerball numbers..... ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline easyscore

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »
Feel free to give me a call.

I've been using it for 5-6 years now.

Alex

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 11:59:36 AM »
Got the trial, was impressed with a lot but have not had time to delve further.  For us, I think we need a few specific things it does not offer regarding how it interfaces with the client so I'm leaning toward hiring someone to build us a program but that's just us.  If it looks like it will work for you get it, you'll make that 10k back in efficiency and reduction of general confusion and frustration in no time and I've seen nothing offered that truly compares to it.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »
Fast Manager is close

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »
Definitely, it would easily pay for it self.  My major turnoff is the platform it's built on and having that on everything needed to access the system.. That and it's unattractive.  I'd spend that money in a heartbeat if it ran independently and everything I wanted to ever know (in that system) was on my iPhone and the iPads on the floor.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »
Definitely, it would easily pay for it self.  My major turnoff is the platform it's built on and having that on everything needed to access the system.. That and it's unattractive.  I'd spend that money in a heartbeat if it ran independently and everything I wanted to ever know (in that system) was on my iPhone and the iPads on the floor.

this is what is holding me up the most. I need a system that I can access on the floor via ipads and iphones.

I'm waiting for run my shop to upgrade to see what that looks like as well, i just know what we have isn't working out great.
Night Owls

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
Let me know what you discover.  Printavo is pretty nice, just not enough for us.  We're using a combo of Evernote and Gcal, and then Quickbooks for invoicing.  A lot of moving parts and some duplication if info.. But I can get to it from anywhere.

Offline Binkspot

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 07:19:38 PM »
It was a game changer for us and worth every penny. I personally do not mess with it much other then getting the work orders in the back but I know it has streamlined everything for us. We were running Priceit and quick books and some additional programs for fulfillment services. Shopworx has pulled all that together for us, one place to keep track of everything.

We are no where near using it to its full potential yet and do not think we will ever use it to its full potential but there is room for us to grow. We are working towards having a work station in the back to have access on the production floor to eliminate some paper, integrate shipping and receiving and streamline our systems including a large display so you can see the electronic proof from the press.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »
This question or one similar comes up a fair amount, along with some of the same lost of short comings and "wishes". It would be something if we could pool together and defray the costs of a individual programmer.
 I'd be in...
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 08:41:33 PM »
i just got some, but it took about two weeks to get some info from them

That should raise an alarm, no?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:56 AM »
Let me know what you discover.  Printavo is pretty nice, just not enough for us.  We're using a combo of Evernote and Gcal, and then Quickbooks for invoicing.  A lot of moving parts and some duplication if info.. But I can get to it from anywhere.

What do you find lacking in Printavo if you don't mind me asking? We were working with Price It, but after getting into it, there was much I didn't care for. Too much taken out of our hands. Our accountant has taken a shine to Printavo, so that's why I ask...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2014, 09:34:33 AM »
It's been almost a year since I took printavo for a spin, so let me dig up my notes.