Author Topic: neon green and pink ink  (Read 833 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
neon green and pink ink
« on: July 07, 2014, 01:12:35 PM »
A customer is requesting neon green and neon pink ink? Is this the same as fluorescent green and pink?

Or is there a certain color (pms?) I should use of a normal ink?

I remember the last time I used fluorescent yellow ink over a white underbase I was not pleased with the results.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: neon green and pink ink
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:15:04 PM »
yeah, it's a pain.  I work to get by with Super Fluo colors from Wilflex on UB's.  they do print a little better.

We have our own hot pink blend here.  Pretty much fluo pink with a regular bright pink mixed in...like a hexachrome magenta...just make sure it's got a solid base, not a process-type base.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
A customer is requesting neon green and neon pink ink? Is this the same as fluorescent green and pink?

Or is there a certain color (pms?) I should use of a normal ink?

I remember the last time I used fluorescent yellow ink over a white underbase I was not pleased with the results.

PMS 801-807

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
I would think that the customers usually don't know the difference between fluorescent and neon, so I think it's the same thing as far as they are concerned. We generally print them over a white base, and they really pop, as they should...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't