Author Topic: Quick quote generator  (Read 5636 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Quick quote generator
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »
Anyone know of a phone app or maybe a BASIC cloud based quote generator? We need something very basic that we can have a "new" salesperson can use to generate basic quotes on maybe 5-10 types of garments. I have yet to find a solid salesperson, but there are a few that have come by over the years that give it a shot for a few months. It SUCKS to teach them everything and then have them decide to go do something else.

I just want them to have to select from a few types of shirts, input how many colors on how many sides and qty. I don't wan't them to have to touch or modify our purchase price or mark up or anything. Doesn't need to capture customers info or make a invoice, just a bare bones price generator. Probably could even be done in a google docs/excel set up I imagine, that is over my pay grade though...

Ideas? Or maybe even guidance on someone that can make a app?
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Quick quote generator
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »
I really wish I had the time to sit down and learn to program apps.

This could easily be done, as this is how my excel sheet works essentially.  I just don't have the programming skills to knock it out.  Nor have I taken the time to look at any of the IDE's/sandbox tools out there that do the heavy lifting.  Again, it's not a tough build, just some basic math going on based on a form.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:48:47 PM »
I just use my quote tool spreadsheet on my phone in the excel viewer..

it even works with all the formulas, multi-shieet calculations and other fun stuff that i do in ours.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:13:51 PM »
something like this?
http://www.bmpromotional.com/stuff/estimate.php

pierre

In true Pierre fashion, that is way more advanced than I need!  ;D I would need maybe 1/3 of those options! Plus I would need a way to get the shirt price in there...

jvanick What kind of goodies are you working with? And are you able and willing to share?
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:23:34 PM »
something like this?

pierre

In true Pierre fashion, that is way more advanced than I need!  ;D I would need maybe 1/3 of those options! Plus I would need a way to get the shirt price in there...

jvanick What kind of goodies are you working with? And are you able and willing to share?

It would not be hard to customize (but would require time that I don't have now). Maybe we should include this in the KPI membership.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:09 PM »
something like this?

pierre

It would not be hard to customize (but would require time that I don't have now). Maybe we should include this in the KPI membership.

pierre

I wouldn't ask you to take your time to do it man! I am willing to pay someone(Monopoly money mostly) to do it up for us. I have had like 6 people(Gilligan included) say "Oh that wouldn't be that hard". While that does a good job of making me feel inferior, I am still looking for the guy that says "Oh thats pretty easy, give me like $200 and I'll do it".
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:56 PM »
Anytime Alex.

I also said, I don't have the smarts to do it (at this moment)... so it's not like I'm ONLY calling you out on not being able to do it. :p

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 03:45:23 PM »
I'm more than happy to share our model... it's not perfect, but  it works for us, and gives us a pretty good baseline to generate quotes from.

Anybody that would like a copy, shoot me your email and I'll send it along...

My only stipulation is that if you like it and have suggestions on how to make it better, you share back with me... I can implement the fixes or you can :)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 03:46:12 PM »
http://www.scrimshawscreenprinting.com/quick-quote.html

This is mine. I have it bookmarked on my phone and my website has a mobile version which this works pretty good with.

Unfortunately, I'm not a computer guy so I can't offer much help. But I'm sure you can go to any web design person and have something like this done. I'm pretty sure it's just simple coding.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 05:07:14 PM »
Damn you Alex... I'm accepting the challenge.

I will learn how to do something crude on Android (I hope that's the platform you want it on! :p )  It would be stand alone so you wouldn't need internet access to use it.

Get with me on the details of how you price things, as I'm going to tweak this to fit my method of pricing... basically I do Base price + markup (which could be static as it is the same for mine) + (1st location + __ X additional colors) + (2nd location + __ X additional colors) + (3rd location + __ X additional colors).  I currently do my screens based on colors X screen fee divided by qty added to per shirt price (people hate setups around here).  I could do separate fees for art and whatever that could be mixed in or just added on top of total, we often use that space for seps or whatever extra we decide to throw on top.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 07:01:31 PM »
Damn you Alex... I'm accepting the challenge.

I will learn how to do something crude on Android (I hope that's the platform you want it on! :p )  It would be stand alone so you wouldn't need internet access to use it.

Get with me on the details of how you price things, as I'm going to tweak this to fit my method of pricing... basically I do Base price + markup (which could be static as it is the same for mine) + (1st location + __ X additional colors) + (2nd location + __ X additional colors) + (3rd location + __ X additional colors).  I currently do my screens based on colors X screen fee divided by qty added to per shirt price (people hate setups around here).  I could do separate fees for art and whatever that could be mixed in or just added on top of total, we often use that space for seps or whatever extra we decide to throw on top.

Nice!!!! Android is perfect!

Your method is perfect. Like I said, I need something basic that won't confuse a beginner- or me for that matter!  ;D

« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 07:27:54 PM by TCT »
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
Front end will be very simple, back end can be as complicated as needs to be but still left simple for just plugging in a product selection and then formula adjustments.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 07:45:17 PM »
I`ll soon get someone on Odesk.com to make us a proper database for our printshop. At least it will be customised to our needs unlike the ones you buy of the shelf.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 11:33:13 PM »
this is ours:
http://www.nightowlsprint.com/services/apparel/

It's badly outdated, and a friend built it for us, i could see if I could get the coding if it helps.

in the back end, we assign the item price, then the code adds the print price to it, based off of the qty needed.

Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285