Author Topic: Anatol LED Exposure unit  (Read 38313 times)

Offline KevWilso

Re: Anatol LED Exposure unit
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2014, 02:44:22 PM »
Sorry to talk about something besides the Anatol, but I didn't really like the vacuum time feature of the Vastex unit but once you got things dialed in I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal.  I would like a unit to come on automatically once it reaches the right vacuum level and then turn off once the exposure is done but having a timer could be worked around once you got familiar with the unit.  The first couple of screens I burned on the Vastex I didn't have a clue on how long it was going to take it to vacuum so I got lucky that I didn't mess up any of those first few screens and Kevin had used it enough to get us close.

The slow vacuum time was actually my fault; due to me setting the glass incorrectly.  I did not have the glass pushed 100% all the way back against that back seal and some air was escaping from under the blanket into the light chamber.  I discovered this when I dropped that that exposure off at my customers shop, and he mentioned the pump being slow.  Once I undid all the screws and reset the glass for him; the pump worked a lot quicker since it wasn't pulling from the light chamber. 

That is my handy work.
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline JJPrint

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2014, 03:04:31 PM »
I can say that I may not have considered Lawson equipment prior to the purchase of their LED unit about a year ago.  The unit has been flawless so far.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
No offense Rich but can there ever be a post on this forum concerning other products and just stick with those products. Every post in the last year about LED units has been hijacked and turned into an M&R thread. Its nothing against M&R.

I have to point out that so many people like the fact that a manufacturer will participate and post about his product or service. how many times have you all mentioned how you want Anito to come on and participate?  Rich participates.

Now when you go back and look, there were 2-3 post before his that were mentioning and comparing his product with another. He made one post. (One) and it's called out as "Hijacking". 

I don't see that as hijacking, but rather "participation" like you've all said you like the suppliers and manufacturers to do. If rather see more of it from others as well.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2014, 03:42:38 PM »
No offense Rich but can there ever be a post on this forum concerning other products and just stick with those products. Every post in the last year about LED units has been hijacked and turned into an M&R thread. Its nothing against M&R.

I have to point out that so many people like the fact that a manufacturer will participate and post about his product or service. how many times have you all mentioned how you want Anito to come on and participate?  Rich participates.

Now when you go back and look, there were 2-3 post before his that were mentioning and comparing his product with another. He made one post. (One) and it's called out as "Hijacking". 

I don't see that as hijacking, but rather "participation" like you've all said you like the suppliers and manufacturers to do. If rather see more of it from others as well.

Uh yea Dan I think your opinion on this would be a but objective sorry but thats a fact.

You really do fail to see my point or just ignore it. The past couple of years on this forum has been heavily geared towards M&R which is perfectly fine because their product is excellent. But any time another manufacturer tries to participate it usually ends up in a bash fest and potentially scares the other reps away. This has even been alluded to by a Stooge once or twice. I am not saying M&R is to blame at all it is the culture of this forum altogether.

I personally have been following the LED exposure progress since that first fellow showed up on here and allowed Pierre to demo it. I have heard everything there is to know about the M&R unit thanks to a lot of users on this forum but it would be nice to hear about the other ones in the market and why different price points are the way they are.

I have seen a few "other" manufactures threads completely derail into either a bash fest or go M&R and it is sad and hardly how this forum will ever have good representation from other reps.

Trust me on the Dan, I am not the only one that has noticed this trend over the past year or so, so what ever you say to me includes others.

"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2014, 04:07:12 PM »
There was a video of it on Anatol's Facebook page. Led spacing mimics the starlight. Control feature has a vacuum pressure sensor setting that it uses instead of  a vacuum countdown timer which is in my opinion a better method over the starlight. 1k cheaper than a starlight is also tempting.

The bigger Starlight is like 10 and a half delivered? At less than half I'd imagine there will be a lot of people looking at these...

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2014, 04:21:15 PM »

Uh yea Dan I think your opinion on this would be a but objective sorry but thats a fact.

You really do fail to see my point or just ignore it. The past couple of years on this forum has been heavily geared towards M&R which is perfectly fine because their product is excellent. But any time another manufacturer tries to participate it usually ends up in a bash fest and potentially scares the other reps away. This has even been alluded to by a Stooge once or twice. I am not saying M&R is to blame at all it is the culture of this forum altogether.

I personally have been following the LED exposure progress since that first fellow showed up on here and allowed Pierre to demo it. I have heard everything there is to know about the M&R unit thanks to a lot of users on this forum but it would be nice to hear about the other ones in the market and why different price points are the way they are.

I have seen a few "other" manufactures threads completely derail into either a bash fest or go M&R and it is sad and hardly how this forum will ever have good representation from other reps.

Trust me on the Dan, I am not the only one that has noticed this trend over the past year or so, so what ever you say to me includes others.

Inkman.
I have purposely not posted in the last year due to some of the bashing but I have to step in on this one. You are correct that other people do not post due to some of the harassing but this time you are forgetting a few things here. Everyone wants other manufactures to promote and give the features of their products but it doesn't seem to happen. It is not because of M&R. I cannot think of one time, except in the old Mr. B. days that Rich Hoffman and myself bashed an owner of another manufacturer on these boards. I do recall many times you have bashed and Bar B Qued poster and driven people off with your two cents attitude. I recall the post by Mr.Quan, I believe that was the gentleman's name looking to buy and automatic. It's easy to accuse Rich of this because he is the only owner that cares enough about his products and spends hours explaining and yes, sometimes defending them on these boards. I'm not trying to start problems here but I agree with the prior post that you are a little to sensitive.
People who live in glass houses usually don't throw stones.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »
Just looks like a afterthought to me.  Like "oh ya we need a vacuum pump".  LOL

Every exposure unit I've ever used had a vacuum pump on the floor. No table units though, only the big stand alone units, like an Advance Polycop. It's not unusual at all.

Steve

I'll read further to see if the difference in the led's are all about. We will go there eventually ourselves...
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
There was a video of it on Anatol's Facebook page. Led spacing mimics the starlight. Control feature has a vacuum pressure sensor setting that it uses instead of  a vacuum countdown timer which is in my opinion a better method over the starlight. 1k cheaper than a starlight is also tempting.

The bigger Starlight is like 10 and a half delivered? At less than half I'd imagine there will be a lot of people looking at these...
I wish! The larger Starlight list at$ 7,495.00
Rich Hoffman

Offline KevWilso

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2014, 04:48:45 PM »

Every exposure unit I've ever used had a vacuum pump on the floor. No table units though, only the big stand alone units, like an Advance Polycop. It's not unusual at all.

Steve

I'll read further to see if the difference in the led's are all about. We will go there eventually ourselves...

The nice benefit of the pump being outside the unit is when it comes time to replace it, it would be very easy to get too, and you should probably have to replace the pump well before those LEDs on any brand unit.  ;)
Kevin Wilson
River City Graphic Supply 512-454-0505 www.rivercitygraphicsupply.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 04:54:19 PM »

Brandt I guess you've only seen a few exposure units, I've seen a few units that have the pump sitting out like that,  I thought it look crazy to but soon found out it was the norm
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 05:17:12 PM »

there are actually quite a few expose units out there that have floor sitting vacuum units. My first exposure unit, M&R first light unit had a vacuum pump that sat on the floor, it's not uncommon. My Richmond was the same.
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Sorry to talk about something besides the Anatol, but I didn't really like the vacuum time feature of the Vastex unit but once you got things dialed in I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal.  I would like a unit to come on automatically once it reaches the right vacuum level and then turn off once the exposure is done but having a timer could be worked around once you got familiar with the unit.  The first couple of screens I burned on the Vastex I didn't have a clue on how long it was going to take it to vacuum so I got lucky that I didn't mess up any of those first few screens and Kevin had used it enough to get us close.

The slow vacuum time was actually my fault; due to me setting the glass incorrectly.  I did not have the glass pushed 100% all the way back against that back seal and some air was escaping from under the blanket into the light chamber.  I discovered this when I dropped that that exposure off at my customers shop, and he mentioned the pump being slow.  Once I undid all the screws and reset the glass for him; the pump worked a lot quicker since it wasn't pulling from the light chamber. 

That is my handy work.

I apologize, I didn't mean the slow time, just the way the function worked.  I knew the first time I tried it that the glass wasn't right and the next time it was fast.  It's hard to explain but the way I though the function worked was you set the vacuum timer and once that timer was done the exposure would start, and in the beginning we didn't have a clue how long to set it for.  But once you get used to the unit it would become an afterthought because you'd know exactly how long it takes to draw down and you'd rarely have to change the setting. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2014, 05:31:13 PM »

Brandt I guess you've only seen a few exposure units, I've seen a few units that have the pump sitting out like that,  I thought it look crazy to but soon found out it was the norm

there are actually quite a few expose units out there that have floor sitting vacuum units. My first exposure unit, M&R first light unit had a vacuum pump that sat on the floor, it's not uncommon. My Richmond was the same.

Seen good bit of them but ya never seen one like that, certainly not in 2014.  Anyway just seem like such a easy thing to mount and look more like a finished product is all I was thinking. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline traxlerprinting

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »
Hey everyone - here's my input on the new unit as we received the very first Aurora UV LED unit in the United States.

IT'S AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. I waited, hunted, decided to run with Anatol. We added our first Anatol equipment last July and have shown 208.6% growth to date.

To give you some background, we had a old National exposure unit, you know, the really big ugly grey - loud, slow, and energy hog - unit.

Our OLD burn times (1000watt) with KIWO POLYCOL Discharge Emlusion
Mesh Count        National Unit        Aurora
65-85                    13min                TBD
110-125                11min              12-15sec
155-230                 8min             10-11sec
305                       7.5min               10sec (could be lower if needed)

I posted a video of our first 15sec exposure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LneqdrEiHEU

On an average day in my shop we shoot between 15-30 screens, it takes my screen guy all day (cleaning and shooting at the same time). Monday he shot 45+ screens before his first break for the day (he comes in around 9 and takes break around 11). It takes longer to print the film than to shoot the screen and much longer to wash the exposure out than shooting... absolutely awesome. If we keep this up, we'll be cutting back the screen room 2 hours per day = 10 hours a week, $5200 direct savings in labor there... IT JUST PAID FOR ITSELF. we're saving on energy costs (it's only 5 amps not much draw at all), and there are others cost savings as well.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK. I am here to help - you never know, I may need your help sooner or later too! zachary (at) traxlercustomprinting.com

We will be posting more video's, how to's, etc soon.
Traxler Custom Printing
Columbus, Ohio
Screen Printing / Contract Printing | Plastisol / Water Base / Water Base Discharge | Anatol Horizon 6/8 / Anatol Custom Gas Dryer / 5 Other presses...

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
Hey everyone - here's my input on the new unit as we received the very first Aurora UV LED unit in the United States.

IT'S AMAZING AND WORTH EVERY PENNY. I waited, hunted, decided to run with Anatol. We added our first Anatol equipment last July and have shown 208.6% growth to date.

To give you some background, we had a old National exposure unit, you know, the really big ugly grey - loud, slow, and energy hog - unit.

Our OLD burn times (1000watt) with KIWO POLYCOL Discharge Emlusion
Mesh Count        National Unit        Aurora
65-85                    13min                TBD
110-125                11min              12-15sec
155-230                 8min             10-11sec
305                       7.5min               10sec (could be lower if needed)

I posted a video of our first 15sec exposure here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LneqdrEiHEU

On an average day in my shop we shoot between 15-30 screens, it takes my screen guy all day (cleaning and shooting at the same time). Monday he shot 45+ screens before his first break for the day (he comes in around 9 and takes break around 11). It takes longer to print the film than to shoot the screen and much longer to wash the exposure out than shooting... absolutely awesome. If we keep this up, we'll be cutting back the screen room 2 hours per day = 10 hours a week, $5200 direct savings in labor there... IT JUST PAID FOR ITSELF. we're saving on energy costs (it's only 5 amps not much draw at all), and there are others cost savings as well.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK. I am here to help - you never know, I may need your help sooner or later too! zachary (at) traxlercustomprinting.com

We will be posting more video's, how to's, etc soon.

Finally found someone who uses the same emulsion as me, BUT, I expose for 1.5 seconds on the Starlight!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender