Author Topic: SPLIT: Anatol LED Exposure unit (LED vs MH now)  (Read 971 times)

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
SPLIT: Anatol LED Exposure unit (LED vs MH now)
« on: August 21, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »

EZ Film 30              155 mesh                   16 seconds

someone asked for theses times.

That was me. Thanks Terry!

Any idea about the EZ Film 50?

Also, other than exposure time, is there a difference between quality, or detail you can expose between a LED unit and a 1200w metal halide unit? Opinions from Terry, Rich and everyone else is invited.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: SPLIT: Anatol LED Exposure unit (LED vs MH now)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 09:20:37 AM »

EZ Film 30              155 mesh                   16 seconds

someone asked for theses times.

That was me. Thanks Terry!

Any idea about the EZ Film 50?

Also, other than exposure time, is there a difference between quality, or detail you can expose between a LED unit and a 1200w metal halide unit? Opinions from Terry, Rich and everyone else is invited.

the tests we ran showed the difference to be pretty small and of no consequence to most users. Andy Anderson might want the 1-2% that was lost, bu not many others.

I am also splitting this thread as it is veering off from the original idea.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 10:55:12 AM »
Thanks for the thread Split.

Did you find the 1-2%favoring MH or LED? Not that it would come close to making a difference in my shop.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:07:08 AM »
As I read it it, it favors the MH.

Basically saying general populous would be just fine going the "new" route.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
it favors the MH, the single point light source. LED's are directional, but in the end you have to overlap them a little to get consistent coverage. Yes, the MH has a reflector that bounces the light around, but in the end, comparing the Vastex to the MSP3140, MH had a very slight edge (less than 2% on the lower end, that you should be able to dial in with your RIP anyways).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!