Author Topic: laminator and cutters  (Read 2426 times)

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
laminator and cutters
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:03:40 PM »
We are going to try and use our roland printer for less straight cuts, and only for complex cuts. Can anyone recommend a good roller cutter?

Also we'd like to start laminating our vinyl, but i do not know anything about this stuff. Any resources I can start reading to see what we would need to get going? We have a small 30" printer, so i don't think we'd need anything to fancy!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: laminator and cutters
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
You can use a "Big Squeegee" for now, and after you get a need for a regular laminator, buy UsTech laminator. Well built and cheap. I was able to get 55" one for a bit less than $2500 shipped to my doorstep.
As far as the cutter, I would go with Graphtec, or if you have some extra money laying around and want to get something that is top-of-the-line, get Summa tangential cutter.

join Signs101 forum and you can get 50% or 60% off code for Big Squeegee there. Just find the post about BS there and look for the latest code.

Offline BrianHahn

• Verified/Junior
  • Saga vinyl cutter technical support
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 05:43:45 PM »
For cutters, consider the Saga Vinyl Cutters with DragonCut software. Very economical, plug and play, good warranties, good support.
For trimmers and laminators, consider Royal Sovereign.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
You can use a "Big Squeegee" for now, and after you get a need for a regular laminator, buy UsTech laminator. Well built and cheap. I was able to get 55" one for a bit less than $2500 shipped to my doorstep.
As far as the cutter, I would go with Graphtec, or if you have some extra money laying around and want to get something that is top-of-the-line, get Summa tangential cutter.

join Signs101 forum and you can get 50% or 60% off code for Big Squeegee there. Just find the post about BS there and look for the latest code.

We do a ton of complex cut stickers, so I'm not sure big squeegee would work...but i'm going to check it out anyway!
Night Owls

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 06:38:24 PM »
I`d say as well for a cutter use Summa.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »
Summas are digital cutters though, right? I was looking for for rotary cutters for straight lines, like squares and rectangles
Night Owls

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »
I like hand held rotary cutters but I'd advise against that ruler/cutter combo listed above.  It's too small and can rub in a weird way that will cause you problems.

We just upgraded to a 60mm cutter... MUCH nicer, WAY more clearance.  Amazing what an extra 15mm will do (that's what she said!)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZ5SSU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:52 AM »
Laminator we use a Royal Sovereign, seems to be great as far as Lamination goes. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube