Author Topic: Inexpensive catch all  (Read 2463 times)

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
Inexpensive catch all
« on: January 24, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »
I don't know how many of you do repairs on your embroidery machines.  If it looks like something I can do I will make the necessary repairs.  Last weekend I had the wonderful task of replacing a needle bar reciprocator.  After reviewing the technical drawings in the book and watching a YouTube video I was set to go.  I start tearing the head down when a screw popped out, hitting the table top and then the floor.  Where it bounced to nobody knows.  Now I am on the floor with a magnet looking for this damn screw, hitting my head and cussing.  After about 10mins I find it.  I get back to the task at hand when I drop another screw..........SONOFABITCH!!!  After I find the screw I get thinking there has to be a simple way to prevent dropped screws from hitting the floor.  I put backing in a jacket back and put the jacket back on the machine.  The next screw that dropped fell into the jacket back.  No more crawling around looking for dropped screws.  Another plus was that I put the tools in the jacket back and they were close.  If I was smart I would have thought of doing this from the start to avoid all aggravation.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Inexpensive catch all
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 03:00:46 PM »
I feel your pain, I have that $#&*^)(#@!@ problem all the time. I constantly get small screws and such that jump out of my fingers or get knocked off a no so magnetized screw driver or spit out of a pair of needle nose pliers.
We got to the point where we lay down a plush bath towel to save me from bitchin and bumping my head.
PS I have zero hair up there so I get no early warning and make a shirt load of blue air ::).
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 07:34:44 PM »
Otherwise good job!
I'd hate to try to replace a reciprocator.

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
Mooseman, I have hair up there but it still hurts when I biff my melon on a cross beam.  Gary, replacing the reciprocator was actually easy. 

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 10:33:40 AM »
Mooseman, I have hair up there but it still hurts when I biff my melon on a cross beam.  Gary, replacing the reciprocator was actually easy.
Absolutely it hurts just the same, taking a shot to the noggin hurts like hell and is only secondary, for me anyway, to slipping off the pedals of my bike  ::)  I find it truly amazing how much chrome I can save from my dome by simply wearing a beanie. Not so much to soften the blow but to actually allow that one nanosecond of early warning and retard my motion.
the many head shots I have taken really explain a lot about me :P
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
Why not go with clipless pedals and shoes?

Even as an extremely casual rider I LOVE my clipless pedals!

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »
Why not go with clipless pedals and shoes?

Even as an extremely casual rider I LOVE my clipless pedals!

actually I gave up bike riding when I lost the possibility of ever singing in a  baritone voice ;)
mooseman

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »
that is really smart...