Author Topic: IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHY!!!!!!!!  (Read 2802 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHY!!!!!!!!
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:40:18 AM »
When I under cure a tee and it gets washed the ink fades / comes off. Actually we all get that.............

but EVERY time I show up in my shop with a new sweatshirt or pair of jeans I ALWAYS get a nice swipe of ink on my new duds. I wipe it off hit it with a little ink wash and take the new duds home to wash.
The damn problem is THE UNCURED RAW INK NEVER COMES OUT!  :o You would think based on all of our experience that completely uncured ink would be gone................NOT
mooseman confused
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline larryk

• !!!
Re: IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME WHY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 10:42:19 AM »
Well that's good enough for me..... I'm selling both of my dryers and saving on that electric bill every month. Thanks for the tip Moose! Know if I can just figure out how to wipe off that excess ink without smearing the design.

Offline tonyt79

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »
I seem to have the same problem. Been thinking about getting some aprons to wear while printing. Not sure I can bring myself to do it. But I have a taste for kind of expensive jeans!

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »
I rarely used to get ink on myself, printing all manual. I sorta had my ink management all sorted.

But with my addition of an auto, I seem to be slinging ink and crap all over the place.

I've tried curing the "indiscretions" first, before the spot cleaning gun. With some colors that helps, but I can't imagine why.  However, if I don't--but just go right to the gun--it always seems it's harder.

No. It makes no sense, but that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 03:33:53 PM »
Get a can of Sprayway C-60 Solvent Degreaser. Next time you get ink where you don't want it, spray it with that stuff and watch it miraculously disappear. (Hold a rag behind the fabric to catch the ink.)

The stuff is amazing. I don't know what I did without it. It stinks to high heaven, but evaporates without a trace.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 03:36:16 PM »
I don't understand why you would want to wipe the ink off your pants, it's a badge of honor...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:52 PM »
I don't understand why you would want to wipe the ink off your pants, it's a badge of honor...

Steve
mostly because my wife wants to open up a SNEAKER STORE IN MY BUTT because I am decorating the house, furniture dinner chairs and other home real estate with ink transfers ::)
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 06:28:25 PM »
Get a can of Sprayway C-60 Solvent Degreaser. Next time you get ink where you don't want it, spray it with that stuff and watch it miraculously disappear. (Hold a rag behind the fabric to catch the ink.)

The stuff is amazing. I don't know what I did without it. It stinks to high heaven, but evaporates without a trace.

Thanks Rip, I am going to try that anything has got to work better than what I am doing now.
mooseman

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »

Is that something from the screen printing supplier or auto supply?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Racer Tees

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »
I get ink everywhere some days.  Today I decided to not wear gloves when refilling my 1430 carts... I've got one hand thats about 50% black now...

Have a pile of clothes that are specifically for wearing in my shop.  Change out of them right when I get home.  Gave up on trying to keep it off me or trying to get it out of my work clothes.

Offline Ripcord

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 08:46:55 PM »
Is that something from the screen printing supplier or auto supply?
I got it from one of my screen printing suppliers. He told me one of his other customers told him about it so he picked some up. I bought a can to check it out and that same day got white ink on the brand new sweatshirt I was wearing. Sprayed it right out and it was as good as new.

I use it all the time. Already on my second can.
Raster to vector conversion

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:46 PM »
Thanks.  I'll check it out locally.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 01:03:12 AM »
When I under cure a tee and it gets washed the ink fades / comes off. Actually we all get that.............

but EVERY time I show up in my shop with a new sweatshirt or pair of jeans I ALWAYS get a nice swipe of ink on my new duds. I wipe it off hit it with a little ink wash and take the new duds home to wash.
The damn problem is THE UNCURED RAW INK NEVER COMES OUT!  :o You would think based on all of our experience that completely uncured ink would be gone................NOT
mooseman confused

It falls under the same category of: "a .005" flaw in an image will hold through the whole run, while a .010" portion of the actual image will disappear on the second print."
Wishin' I was Fishin'