Author Topic: Ryonet advertising their own brand of discharge base and pre-mix white?????  (Read 14408 times)

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
I got an email with an ad video for a new discharge base and pre-mix white from Ryonet. Anyone try this yet? The video shows it to be a lot nicer to work with than matsui pre-mix white. I also noticed their product item number starting with cc-, think this is a private labeled CCI product?

Thanks guys

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline DanK

Re: Ryonet advertising their own brand of discharge base and pre-mix white?????
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:26:58 PM »
We tested that ink for them a few months ago.  Results were pretty good, the only issue we had was that it was a little stanky, at least more than our current bases...  You should hit up Ryonet for a sample.  I am sure they will send you some amount free of charge...  It is a private label.  I forgot who was making it, but it is CCI or IC or something...
Dan Holzer

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
Thanks for the info Dan! What discharge are you finding to be the best/easiest to work with? We are still new to the water based system, our customer base is loving it and we see ourselves doing alot more of it in the near future, but the white has been a huge issue. I have found the Matusui pre-mix white, mixing it several different ways that other printers have advised still mixing up like ricotta cheese in texture, then clogging mesh of all types. The best result that I've had with the white so far was adding so much water to make it creamy that it really made a mess on the auto. I add print gen to the mix as well but we still end up with a chunky mix after a while. I could deal with a lil stank if the ink stayed creamy, flowed nice, didn't clump in the screen, and had a sweet finish to it. Thanks for the info Dan!

Mike

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 09:01:02 PM »
Their Plastisol inks are from IC.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline DanK

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
I was just in a discharge white thread on TSF in the last couple of weeks.  Is it cool for me to post a link to a thread from another forum on here?
Dan Holzer

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »
I think that in this instance it would be fine. Certainly better than the copy and paste posts that seem to keep some places going.
What we don't want are links to negative crap, or inter forum intrigue.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 04:19:56 AM »
Thanks for the info Dan! What discharge are you finding to be the best/easiest to work with? We are still new to the water based system, our customer base is loving it and we see ourselves doing alot more of it in the near future, but the white has been a huge issue. I have found the Matusui pre-mix white, mixing it several different ways that other printers have advised still mixing up like ricotta cheese in texture, then clogging mesh of all types. The best result that I've had with the white so far was adding so much water to make it creamy that it really made a mess on the auto. I add print gen to the mix as well but we still end up with a chunky mix after a while. I could deal with a lil stank if the ink stayed creamy, flowed nice, didn't clump in the screen, and had a sweet finish to it. Thanks for the info Dan!

Mike

Hey Mike,
It's all in the mixing technique and knowing that 301 bases and white inks don't like the activator and are known to clump. You need to compensate for the lack of moisture in the whites with clear bases and water.

The best stand alone white ive made to date uses Matsui's Discharge Brite White with Discharge Brite base at 50/50 or 60/40 mix and 5% activator.
When I add the activator, I add it to a small cup of water = to 3% ink weight first, swirl it around till it dissolves and then add that to the ink and stir. It won't clump and is one of the brightest whites you've seen.  For problem shirt colors use the 60/40 mix and p-f-p for a really brite white.

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline brandon

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 06:53:36 AM »
Hey Mike,
Yes, it is CCI. Good stuff. But Matsui is great as well. However, with the CCI inks you only have to use 3% activator. And I agree with John about the discharge white and the discharge base mix. But to avoid any "clumps" we mix the white/base and any pigments first, then the fixer, anything else such as water, and then dead last the activator. If doing large runs just mix a gallon or whatever you need and then before going to press add the activator. Have fun!

- Brandon

Offline squeegee

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:11:31 AM »
Ryonet isn't the only distributor private labeling CCI's discharge base and white and activator.  I'm not a fan of their white as a stand alone, but have been using the base/white in combination for UBing plastisol with good results, very easy to print.  The activator works well with other brands of ink as well.

My vote for stand alone white is Rutland White Plus (straight out of the bucket w/6% activator), prints easy and it looks great even after dozens of washings which is more than I can say for some other brands of discharge white.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »
Thanks Guys! I have gone to diluting the activator in water before mixing in, mixing brite base, pre-mix white, and print gen first, then adding the diluted activator. After about 20 seconds the whole mix starts to tighten up almost like the activator activating the white part of the mix starts to seize. Then I'll add more water little more print gen, but no matter how smooth the mix starts, I keep ending up with this ricotta cheese type texture, it's a real P.I.T.A. The last run we did with white, I had to make it so watery I couldn't back flood or it was starting to drip through the mesh. I'm not giving up on it, just trying to find my even ground, my customers are all over the prints so I really need to perfect my white. All other pigment mixes have worked out awesome. I haven't had any seizing of discharge mixed with other pigments, just the white mix. That's the only reason I asked about this advertisement, he makes it seem like it's a ready to go issue free mix, but we all know he's a good video salesman so until you have it in the shop you really don't know. I'm going to ask my guys at SPA what other white they are carrying and I'll email someone at RY to see if they can send a sample. I'd like to just get what I have here working and stay with one system. Practice makes perfect right! Thanks again for all the pointers guys!

Mike

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 07:27:49 PM »
Thanks Guys! I have gone to diluting the activator in water before mixing in, mixing brite base, pre-mix white, and print gen first, then adding the diluted activator. After about 20 seconds the whole mix starts to tighten up almost like the activator activating the white part of the mix starts to seize. Then I'll add more water little more print gen, but no matter how smooth the mix starts, I keep ending up with this ricotta cheese type texture,

You might want to check and see if the pre-print white is discharge compatible. Not all whites can be discharged.

You need to use Brite Discharge Base and Discharge White DSFP or other brand specific discharge white and your problem will go away.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
yeah this is the the Matsui pre-mix white discharge, smells like fiberglass resin. I'll be doing more this week and prayin to have better luck with the mix. Now, with that said, both gallons of the pre-mix white I have been using out of, I got from Ryonet, I'll get some from SPA this week and see if there is any difference in what comes in the bucket because both of those buckets came with their own label on them that say eco series ryonet pre-mix white matsu.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 03:26:29 AM »
yeah this is the the Matsui pre-mix white discharge, smells like fiberglass resin. I'll be doing more this week and prayin to have better luck with the mix. Now, with that said, both gallons of the pre-mix white I have been using out of, I got from Ryonet, I'll get some from SPA this week and see if there is any difference in what comes in the bucket because both of those buckets came with their own label on them that say eco series ryonet pre-mix white matsu.

Ok.
Could just be bad ink.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 07:34:42 AM »
So somewhere along the line I think Matsui changed the formula for their pre-mixed discharge white, cause the last couple gallons I've used smelled like fiberglass resin as well. It used to stink a bit, but not this bad. Also, it used to mix a bit smoother and had a slightly longer pot life before gumming up.

I'm trying out the Ryonet (CCI) pre-mix white and clear and I must say it's much better, especially printing manually. For just doing single color white prints on black I did a 75% white/25% clear mix with 4% activator, and about 3% water. Prints with one sharp easy stroke.

I'll post again when I get some more time with it.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline DanK

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 10:31:03 AM »
Sorry guys, I signed off for the weekend after my last post...  Here's that TSF thread, we started talking about emulsion, then got into discharge, same subject:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/water-based-ink-screen-printing/t152096.html

jsheridans info up above is excellent help too.  The only thing I could add to what he said is try dissolving that activator down in the same quantity of warm water...
Dan Holzer