Author Topic: Hi from Manchester, UK.  (Read 3017 times)

Offline Anchor End

• Joel
Hi from Manchester, UK.
« on: February 10, 2015, 10:11:59 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm Joel from Anchor End screen printing based in the United Kingdom. We're a Manual shop hoping to upgrade to auto soon. We print using a M&R sidwinder 6/6.

Just thought I'd say hello as I've been lurking in the shadows for years but never signed up. I've learnt a hell of a lot from this board and I'm hoping to start discussing, asking and contributing more. I just want to say thanks to the board in general for increasing my knowledge tenfold and feeding my addiction to learning more about my chosen craft!

I found the site through trying increase my knowledge on Discharge printing a few years ago and up popped Theshirtboard.com in google.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Hi from Manchester, UK.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 11:03:19 PM »
Cheers mate!, We love our neighbors from across the pond!
One member, Homer, especially enjoys the opportunity to say "Bob's your uncle" so see if you can set him up for that.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 07:07:37 AM »
Welcomes from across the pond.
If you have been lurking for a while, you know this is a friendly place with a lot of people willing to help.

BTW, what are your colors? Blue? Red?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 07:33:26 AM »
Glad you joined us Joel!

Pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »
"Manchester are you Madferit?"
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 07:45:31 AM »
Hello there.
 I`ve been printing for many years for a shop in London before setting up my own operation in Osaka/Japan.
Yeah so that`s a good question regarding your team colors. Not Man Shitty right;)
I`m a Gunner myself, so  you can probably imagine the pain I feel every season.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 08:00:23 AM »
welcome from the colonies, we are mostly tickety-boo  but also sometimes a bit barmy as you sure know if you have been around some.
But always a great place to be, glad you showed up.
mooseman

DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Itsa Little CrOoked

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:31 AM »
Another Lurker, out of the closet!  Glad to have you!

I have all learned a lot from this board also.

I love Doc Martin and recently my wife and I are hooked on Downton Abbey. (Netfilx and Hulu and Amazon on the ROKU box. Don't have regular TV.)

I hope you'll find us "polite" enough. But I doubt it somehow. We all "have our moments"...

And what the heck does "I've got the HUMP" even mean? Is it good, bad, nasty  ??? ...or medical???  If you'll explain it, I can offer explanations to some Kansas slang... like  purt "n" ear  and  pantywaste  and more you've never heard of.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:00:30 AM by Itsa Little CrOoked »

Offline Anchor End

• Joel
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:17:30 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys -It's good to be here!

If you have been lurking for a while, you know this is a friendly place with a lot of people willing to help.

Hello there.
 I`ve been printing for many years for a shop in London before setting up my own operation in Osaka/Japan.
Yeah so that`s a good question regarding your team colors. Not Man Shitty right;)

I'm a big Manchester United Fan. I've been to Old Trafford to see them beat the Mighty Burnley tonight. Are there many  ̶f̶o̶o̶t̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ sorry Soccer fans on the board?

It looks like we might be heading the same way now Ferguson has retired Rockers!

Do I sense an Oasis fan?

Another Lurker, out of the closet!  Glad to have you!

I have all learned a lot from this board also.

I love Doc Martin and recently my wife and I are hooked on Downton Abbey. (Netfilx and Hulu and Amazon on the ROKU box. Don't have regular TV.)

I hope you'll find us "polite" enough. But I doubt it somehow. We all "have our moments"...

And what the heck does "I've got the HUMP" even mean? Is it good, bad, nasty  ??? ...or medical???  If you'll explain it, I can offer explanations to some Kansas slang... like  purt "n" ear  and  pantywaste  and more you've never heard of.

You all seem "real swell"  ;D

The Hump is away for someone who is pissed off about something and sulking about it or you could just say grumpy!

A band member I once went on tour with taught me the word hassayamper. It's a great word to use when you smell some bull crap and go undetected over here!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
Great, another member we are going to have to convert your information from the metric system! :P
I'm just messing with you, welcome!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 08:29:57 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys -It's good to be here!

Hello there.

I'm a big Manchester United Fan. I've been to Old Trafford to see them beat the Mighty Burnley tonight. Are there many  ̶f̶o̶o̶t̶b̶a̶l̶l̶ sorry Soccer fans on the board?

It looks like we might be heading the same way now Ferguson has retired Rockers!

United fan here since 1998/1999 and their tie against Inter and later the victory (won some money on those games)
The rest is history :)
Unfortunately, the Burnley game was my first missed game this year (on TV, you are lucky you can attend them live), but one day I will stop by for a pint and a game. That is one of the things on my Bucket list, at least one game live at Old Trafford.(I'll let you know when to get me some tickets) My kids (6 and 8 year old) hate anything that is blue (light and dark). I guess I raised them right :) (them in my younger' sons room)
My wish for next year: Pogba in midfield, Alves for the Right back, Hummels or Laporta on the back and maybe a right winger (Reus and Cuadrado are gone and Januzaj is iffy). And, get rid of Falcao.
And lets hope we will survive next 3 years until Giggsy is ready to take the reins. Hopefully not end up like Gunners, always 3rd or 4th since their "invincible" run.

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 08:36:03 AM »

Do I sense an Oasis fan?

The biggest!  5 cities, 3 continents on the last tour, hung out with all of them several times, tix to see Noel in Atl and Chicago in May!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Anchor End

• Joel
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 11:15:06 PM »
Great, another member we are going to have to convert your information from the metric system! :P
I'm just messing with you, welcome!

Haha you'll be happy to hear that I think in Imperial and convert to metric - you can thank my old man for that!

United fan here since 1998/1999 and their tie against Inter and later the victory (won some money on those games)
The rest is history :)
Unfortunately, the Burnley game was my first missed game this year (on TV, you are lucky you can attend them live), but one day I will stop by for a pint and a game. That is one of the things on my Bucket list, at least one game live at Old Trafford.(I'll let you know when to get me some tickets) My kids (6 and 8 year old) hate anything that is blue (light and dark). I guess I raised them right :) (them in my younger' sons room)
My wish for next year: Pogba in midfield, Alves for the Right back, Hummels or Laporta on the back and maybe a right winger (Reus and Cuadrado are gone and Januzaj is iffy). And, get rid of Falcao.
And lets hope we will survive next 3 years until Giggsy is ready to take the reins. Hopefully not end up like Gunners, always 3rd or 4th since their "invincible" run.

The game vs Juventus in the semi final away from home in the 1999 season is one my favourite of all time games. I hated Juventus back then!

You've got to make sure you visit Old Trafford. If you can ever make the Manchester Derby (or vs Liverpool) the atmosphere is worth the flight over the pond alone! You can't get much more English than a Couple of pints, a game and a half time meat and potato pie! I've always got spare tickets at the moment as I'm playing most Saturdays myself but I don't want to lose my season ticket. They're not too hard to shift though.

What a bedroom! not too dissimilar to mine back in the day but I had Scholes and Keano on my wall (I'm a midfielder)

That's what I call great parenting! You've also got to make sure they hate the cheaper shade of red as well - Liverpool.

Would love to have Pogba back but it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth after he left on a free! (one of Fergies all time mistakes??)  Yes to Hummels. Personally I'd prefer Clyne or Coleman at RB - younger and premiership proven. I'd love Varane from Real but that's not going to happen. The most important signing though will be De Gea's new contract. I hope young Ben Pearson gets a chance for the first team as well next year.

Do I sense an Oasis fan?

The biggest!  5 cities, 3 continents on the last tour, hung out with all of them several times, tix to see Noel in Atl and Chicago in May!

Great effort!  I grew up right nearby Burnage where the Gallagher brothers grew up and in the peak Oasis years. They're like a soundtrack to my youth!

One of my good mates plays drums in a band called folks who supported Noel around Europe last year - I tried to get him to have a word about the merch contract but he was having non of it. Worth a try though right??  ;D

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:31 AM »
The game vs Juventus in the semi final away from home in the 1999 season is one my favourite of all time games. I hated Juventus back then!

You've got to make sure you visit Old Trafford. If you can ever make the Manchester Derby (or vs Liverpool) the atmosphere is worth the flight over the pond alone! You can't get much more English than a Couple of pints, a game and a half time meat and potato pie! I've always got spare tickets at the moment as I'm playing most Saturdays myself but I don't want to lose my season ticket. They're not too hard to shift though.

What a bedroom! not too dissimilar to mine back in the day but I had Scholes and Keano on my wall (I'm a midfielder)

That's what I call great parenting! You've also got to make sure they hate the cheaper shade of red as well - Liverpool.

Would love to have Pogba back but it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth after he left on a free! (one of Fergies all time mistakes??)  Yes to Hummels. Personally I'd prefer Clyne or Coleman at RB - younger and premiership proven. I'd love Varane from Real but that's not going to happen. The most important signing though will be De Gea's new contract. I hope young Ben Pearson gets a chance for the first team as well next year.

LOL, the cheaper shade of red is covered. They call them Loserpool

Clyne or a Coleman would be ideal, but Alves would be a good back for a few years and free.
Varane, .......why would he leave RM, and if he does, he will go to Jose. He needs him, he would be a perfect when they park the bus :)
De Gea will stay (I hope), and I want to see more of Wilson. He looks promising. We do not get the youth games here in the States, but I would really like to see  Pereira play. What I have read and heard, he is good and hopefully we will not lose him same way we did Pogba.

I'll definitely get to the OT one day. Looserpoll or a Shitty's game would be prefect, but right now, I'll take any.
Last year I wanted to go see them against Real in Michigan, but I ended being in Europe at that time.
My parents are still in Serbia where I'm from. (And yes, I hated to see Vidic leave and here is why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAkykwIOzo)

I looked at your web site, of course, your logo is black and red.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:29:57 AM by DKgrafix »