Author Topic: Registration black in Corel?  (Read 3994 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Registration black in Corel?
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:40:17 AM »
Illustrator has a Registration black by default. You select that when you want one element (such as registration marks and job name) to be printed on all separations. You only need to do that one time, on one separation and it gets applied on all.

Does Corel have the same thing?  If so, Please describe where it is located, how to bring it up.

Thanks much!
Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Sparkie

Re: Registration black in Corel?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:56:37 AM »
It's in the Models tab. Choose Registration Color at the bottom of the dropdown.
- Mark

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 03:15:28 PM »
PERFECT!!   Thanks so much!!
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »
Sparkie,  I just noticed that this is a Color Model. Like a color made up of CMYK 100% is each,  Does this work on using it for spot colors like to print out on each sep even tho the seps are not CMYK?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »
never knew that always used the registration marks in the print dialog.  pretty cool

Offline aauusa

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:22:09 PM »
Sparkie,  I just noticed that this is a Color Model. Like a color made up of CMYK 100% is each,  Does this work on using it for spot colors like to print out on each sep even tho the seps are not CMYK?

just tried it and yes it does print on all spot color plates

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 03:29:26 PM »

just tried it and yes it does print on all spot color plates

BOOM!   I love this place.  ;)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »
I have always used my own 1/4' circle with a  cross type bullseyes that I created in Registration Color, and either, import as a pdf, or open in a cdr template. At any rate, always reg color, but good info in this thread, even for us old Corelians
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
I have always used my own 1/4' circle with a  cross type bullseyes that I created in Registration Color, and either, import as a pdf, or open in a cdr template. At any rate, always reg color, but good info in this thread, even for us old Corelians

have you tried making your  reg mark a symbol and keeping it in the symbol manager.    I just found the symbol manager in the ver 16   and for items which you use every single day it is awesome for speed and you can save it in the reg color and drop in with 1 click.

I have a lot of product templates(t2 button jersey, full button jersey, staff shirts baseball pants on and on) which are vector based.   I used to have them as a template or I would import but my collect was getting so large I had to find a better way to manage them and the symbol feature is just the thing.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 04:36:56 PM »

have you tried making your  reg mark a symbol and keeping it in the symbol manager.    I just found the symbol manager in the ver 16   and for items which you use every single day it is awesome for speed and you can save it in the reg color and drop in with 1 click.

I have a lot of product templates(t2 button jersey, full button jersey, staff shirts baseball pants on and on) which are vector based.   I used to have them as a template or I would import but my collect was getting so large I had to find a better way to manage them and the symbol feature is just the thing.

I'll check it out, but as long as these one color jobs keep taking over most of my business, it could be a while before I need them again! LOL!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Fluid

• !!!
  • Keep the Ink Moving... Stay Corelian My Friends!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 09:32:52 PM »
The Symbol Manager docker is great.  If you edit a symbol in the manager it will update all symbols which is a quick way to change the templates throughout a document with multiple instances. A very helpful tool. Great for working with logos.

Richard Reilly - Fluid

Richard
--Fluid       www.fluiddsn.com Graphic Designs, Color Separations & Film Output 15+ years Industry Experience - CorelDRAW MasterĀ® 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:24:30 AM »
honestly the BEST way of doing reg marks is this macro:
http://oberonplace.com/vba/drawmacros/cropmarksh.htm

it says X5, but a lot of them work on X6 as well.

I have never really messed with the symbol manager...i think i need to give that a go.