Author Topic: Karma, ugh.  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Get Shirts

Karma, ugh.
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
The embroidery gods just delivered roughly 3 years worth of thread, but we didn't order it so now it's going back.  I hope this is counting for something!

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Re: Karma, ugh.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:01:57 AM »
Only if there is final justice after death because we all know life on earth is not fair.  Since we seem all seem to be made for justice (we greatly desire it) I think you made the safe and wise bet!

Offline Get Shirts

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 11:29:10 AM »
Thank you ScreenPrinter123.

Offline GoWestRob

• !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 11:52:06 AM »
We accidentally ordered a pallet of paper towels once and got stuck with it.  One of our shop guys signed for it, then we came around the corner thinking "WTF is this?" It didn't make sense to pay for a freight return and our sales rep swears up and down we asked for it.  It took us about a year to use them all.  It was annoying at the time but it's funny now.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 12:34:00 PM »
I got a box of printer ink for a very large inkjet printer, called and tired to get them to come pick it up they just said keep it, wow and I know this ink was worth a few hundred dollar's and get this we still have it all, this ink fit's something called a gerbercat printer.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
Only if there is final justice after death because we all know life on earth is not fair.  Since we seem all seem to be made for justice (we greatly desire it) I think you made the safe and wise bet!

unfortunately, fair is a human concept that does not seem to exist in nature otherwise, and is only practiced by few and far between...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Online ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:11:12 PM »
Sanmar used to ship us other peoples stuff. One was a local shop. We called and they came to pick it up.
One of our best clients to this day.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
my last business was an IBM Business Partner. We had a rather large line of credit with them so they would send us the parts and we'd see the bill few weeks later.
We noticed that about $43K worth of items was not on the bill one day. We called and they said they'd get back to us. When nothing happened, we called few days later and were told to give them few days. Week goes by and no word from IBM. We call for the third time and are told it will take them a couple of weeks to sort it out. We are now past when the payment was due and would like to get it done. . . Three weeks goes by and nothing. We call again and are told that it's too much headache to figure out where the problem is, we should just forget about it!!! At that point we've bought millions of dollars worth of stuff from them so $43K was just a drop in a bucket, but hey it's free $43K!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 03:23:37 PM »
Sanmar used to ship us other peoples stuff. One was a local shop. We called and they came to pick it up.
One of our best clients to this day.

Not San mar's fault, but UPS dropped an important box of mine at someone else's shop (but they couldn't tell me which shop until the driver returned. Rather than waiting the extra two days for pick up, re-sort, and re-deliver, I hit the phones, found who had it, and went and picked it up myself! Thing is, it took someone putting it on thew wrong truck (different route), then the driver not noticing it was wrong, then the shop not noticing that it wasn't one of theirs.
The perfect storm.

The reverse has happened a few times , and I just called the other shop.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Action1

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
my last business was an IBM Business Partner. We had a rather large line of credit with them so they would send us the parts and we'd see the bill few weeks later.
We noticed that about $43K worth of items was not on the bill one day. We called and they said they'd get back to us. When nothing happened, we called few days later and were told to give them few days. Week goes by and no word from IBM. We call for the third time and are told it will take them a couple of weeks to sort it out. We are now past when the payment was due and would like to get it done. . . Three weeks goes by and nothing. We call again and are told that it's too much headache to figure out where the problem is, we should just forget about it!!! At that point we've bought millions of dollars worth of stuff from them so $43K was just a drop in a bucket, but hey it's free $43K!!!

pierre

Great Story!!! Thanks for sharing.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 03:55:32 PM »
The guy that owns the building next to us stores his NICE cars, trucks, and bikes in a garage, and the rest of the building is his man cave. He was having a Porsche delivered. Of course it was in an enclosed trailer. As the driver was unloading it, I had to go out and take a peek. He looked up at me and asked if it was my car. I'm thinking, "If you give me the keys it is." I just shrugged and said, "I wish."
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GaryG

• !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 04:59:52 PM »
Last edit~

We had a competitor receive a package ready decorated from a supplier
and call our customer to come pick it up at their place of business.  :o
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:18:08 PM by GaryG »

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 06:33:51 PM »

unfortunately, fair is a human concept that does not seem to exist in nature otherwise, and is only practiced by few and far between...

Steve

I agree...but I do not think fairness and justice are the same thing.  The former is based on opinions that change from person to person and culture to culture, the latter on the natural law which equally applies to all.

One would never hear someone say it's not just that you gave her the last piece of cake anymore than they would hear someone argue that it's not fair to kill the innocent.  At least that has been my experience as a lowly screen printer.

Offline ABuffington

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 07:03:19 PM »
Some may have heard this so here is the short story.  Walmart was a huge customer for us, and we had a large, order to all stores that had a ship date of Nov 30th on the PO.  Some may understand the hundreds and hundreds of Z rack with hanging shirts on it it takes to fulfill a storewide Walmart order along with every fold table filled with more shirts to be processed and presses still running a week before the ship date of Nov 30th.   We get a call from the buyer that very day, hold it until April.  This was the nail in the coffin as far as we were concerned, so many other fun incidents like this with a great company that can make you a great living if you can live with their demands.  So we sold them all off to Mervyns and Sears! Buyer at Walmart calls in March having seen her designs on the rack already at Sears, wtf?  "Oh, yeah we liquidated the order.  Paperwork said either party could cancel if the terms were not followed" total silence on the line.  Yeah, beer tasted real good that day and we sold them for more than Walmart wanted to pay!  Karma is kind of a two way street.  Good Karma?  Always better.  But sometimes you have to be Karma's messenger.
Alan Buffington
Murakami Screen USA  - Technical Support and Sales
www.murakamiscreen.com