Author Topic: Can you say HOTTTTT????  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
Can you say HOTTTTT????
« on: August 05, 2015, 01:53:44 PM »
I don't know about you guys but here in South Arkansas in our shop with no air conditioning in the back the only way to survive is to get to the shop around 4:00 AM and print until 10.  The only thing positive about this heat to me is the inks flow so much better. :P
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Can you say HOTTTTT????
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 02:21:57 PM »
we do the same on the days that it's above 90 degrees....

my wife and I are both morning people, so it's not so bad...

luckilly this summer has been really cool by chicago standards, and low humidity too...

-J

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 02:27:08 PM »
we've had a pretty hot summer so far.  We shut it down in the afternoons and work in the AC or at least in a cooler shop.  We do screens or prep for the next day.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:36 PM »
Yep, having the workshop building on my residential property usually allows me to adjust my schedule to the temperature as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Crazy Mike

• !!!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »
We just keep our thermostat set at 70 degrees all year. No sweat. 8) 3,000 feet climate controlled.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 04:41:18 PM »
90° - 95° here most days. The office  is AC'd, and all are welcome to take a break in there, but then it's back to the heat. I did my time in that heat, now I'm old and in the AC. The last couple of days have been a little better, a little less humid.

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 05:15:24 PM »
I know it's hot there, I'm in central Louisiana and it's just meltdown hot every single day. We have AC in the production area, but even now it will only keep the room to about 87-88 degrees... However it just blows in from a single point, so we are going to run some ductwork to try to spread it around better.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 05:21:20 PM »
I hate all of you.  It's 109 at the press today, 112 at the end of the dryer, 105 at the expo unit, and I'm usually going back and forth to all of the areas.  I got portable AC's at the load and unload station, but electrical issues have kept us from having the 3rd one at the end of the dryer.  I don't have a plug that will support the AC without throwing the breaker on that end of the shop. We keep throwing breakers and the roll down extension cords are dropping like flies.  We've had 3 go bad just in the last few weeks.  Only have 3 left.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 05:41:42 PM »
I Had some heat related issues a couple of weeks ago. I worked all day Saturday it was hot, hot , HOT the heat index was 105 or better. I was drinking lots of water, and at the end of the day I got the worst case of cramps I have ever had. My hands started drawing up and then my legs got hellashious cramps. My wife gave me a big dill pickle and in a few minutes the cramps started to subside. Well I have sense then started taking salt tablets every two hours when I'm sweating my butt off. And added Gatorade to the mix also.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 06:18:12 PM »
It's so hot in the shop that our dog won't go out there.  She's never stayed inside when I go out back until today.  I thought she might have run off and I went looking for her and she was laying under my desk. 
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 06:22:47 PM »
shoot its 110 today in the shop, and it's a cool day.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 06:32:59 PM »
just slipped on a F497 .. 3;30 pm kinda breezy here in SF Bay area today.. I think my gal catching had a slight glint of perspiration on her forehead.... but that may have been a hot flash she is 55 and has that notagainopause thing goin on.
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 06:35:57 PM »
Ya, we have had a killer summer too, 3 days so far over 90! One of our air conditioners didn't work for about 2 weeks and it got up to 92 in the shop one day.....  ;D
 Muhahahahahahahahahahaha!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  That freakin 73% humidity really gets you cookin.  It really gets me motivated to get finished.  Alan, do them portable A/C units really work good?  I thought I'd seen the topic about that awhile back.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 07:22:00 PM »
we bought some portable acs from global industrial, and they make a big big big difference.
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285