Author Topic: Shopworks accounting  (Read 1441 times)

Offline gtmfg

Shopworks accounting
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:25 AM »
After 5 months of use, my accountant and office staff want to kill me for buying this. From second hand knowledge there seems to be a lot of overlapping task and extra work. Anybody run shopworks on the floor and have a different solution for accounting. I know it sounds stupid to spend the amount of cash for a all inclusive program and do that, but I feel like I'm on the losing end of a stick.  Any suggestions?

Offline Ron Pierson

Re: Shopworks accounting
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 10:32:19 AM »
We have it - what, specifically, is your issue(S). We think it is different than Quick Books but quite complete. Takes a little getting used to.

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
Re: Shopworks accounting
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 01:41:59 PM »
After 5 months of use, my accountant and office staff want to kill me for buying this. From second hand knowledge there seems to be a lot of overlapping task and extra work. Anybody run shopworks on the floor and have a different solution for accounting. I know it sounds stupid to spend the amount of cash for a all inclusive program and do that, but I feel like I'm on the losing end of a stick.  Any suggestions?

I ran parallel books in Peachtree accounting for the first 3 years we had SW from 1999 through 2002.  Huge waste of time and money.

SW accounting provides everything my accountant needs to prepare taxes and analysis, everything my bank requires to maintain our relationship, and everything I need to manage our business. 

Forms may not be as pretty as some packaged on the shelf programs and quite a few accountants don't like the fact that they can't simply import into their tax packages like QB.  My trial balance simply has another name, statement of cash flows is a simple spread sheet export, etc.

After 15 years the trending and historical analysis is powerful and if I wanted to know how many g200 red M we sold on Tuesdays I could find out.

My 2 cents.

~Kitson

Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050